Can anyone advise where I can find a free template to create a fact sheet (show sheet) for an open house that I am having on Sunday. This is my first

Asked by Maria Hadjidemetriou, New York, NY Tue Nov 16, 2010

Answers

9
Rob, , New York, NY
Fri Jan 21, 2011
Hi Maria,

Not to sound snide but I hope you are working for a brokerage that gives you 100% of your commission. Any brokerage that does not provide such tools to its agents should not take a share of the money earned. If not change brokers right away!

That said a mortgage broker can make a beautiful show sheet for you in just about 30 minutes. Feel free to contact Wells Fargo, Apple Mortgage or any of the local mortgage folks in your area and they will be glad to help - typically at no charge! Good luck on Sunday!
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Tue Dec 21, 2010
Hi Maria. I certainly hope you figured this out by now. Mr. Hamilton is correct in his statement that you should consider going else where as your office seems to offer no support. If you are a new agent, you will need strong guidance, information and web tools.

If you have any level of tech in you, you can create your own show sheets with Microsoft's Word software. With it you can create a killer sheet with text, photos, floorplan, logos, etc. As you gain skill with the program, you can change and adjust to your liking. Be daring. Give it a try. Good luck.
Tony Lara, , New York, NY
Mon Dec 20, 2010
If your firm doesn't have one, I strongly suggest you contact a mortgage broker they will print out 25-50 copies in glossy paper with the floor plan as well as the listing information. That's the best way to go, but if you need to make a show sheet yourself you can use Publisher or Word. I've used Word in the past but I find it quicker if I can piggyback on a mortgage broker. Best of luck & have a safe and happy holiday.

TONY LARA
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
CHARLES RUTENBERG REALTY
212-688-1000 EXT-435 (O)
212-688-1919 (F)
Linda Lorenzo, Agent, McKinney, TX
Tue Nov 16, 2010
If you use a program like Publisher it is easy to make your own. Just a few pictures, the perinent facts and maybe some payment information i.e. for first time buyers - most buyers just need a photo to remind them of the property they saw, price, sq footage, 3 of bedrooms & bathrooms, etc.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Nov 16, 2010
If you have an agent, he/she will create a fact sheet--otherwise include price, contact information, number of rooms, baths, bedrooms, taxes and or maintenance, school district, amenities if applicable, etc.
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Tue Nov 16, 2010
I am assuming that you are selling by owner.... otherwise your Realtor would take care of that.
In general, just make a nice photo of two
and then add all the info that you know about your property
age - total size - no. of rooms - room sizes - garage info
taxes - assessments per month if there are any -

and put your asking price

And put a short description of the property
what has been updated, mention things that are special all hardwood flooring, sky lights
new appliances in kitchen things like that
and you are done
put a phone number to reach you and an e-mail address to contact you

Easy really.... Good Luck to you
Edith YourChicagoConnection YourRealtor4Life!
Arthur Golden, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Nov 16, 2010
Demi, you need to be more specific. Are you selling an apartment, single family, mutli-family...
The type and source of information for a show sheet will differ. Being a FSBO, if it's an apartment, at minimum you should prepare:
2 sided sheet with all the pertinent information about the apartment including photos and a floor plan
Printout of some of the information you can find on a site like streeteasy.com
Financial worksheet for potential purchasers. I can email you the Real Estate Board of NY form. This is important since an unqualified bidder will waste your time.

I sell coops and condos in Manhattan. If you need help and it's an apartment (any borough) I can assist you with a show sheet for free.

agolden@elliman.com
Web Reference:  http://www.elliman.com/aug
., , New York, NY
Tue Nov 16, 2010
I suggest that you look on the Websites of Broker and borrow their template as it suits your needs.
You will want to have the basic information of square footage, taxes, year built, upgrades. Also, you might want to get a copy of your property card to verify your info.
And you can get a school report for your school district for any buyer who is school district shopping.
I would in addition, include information on the village where you live: places of worship, theatres, stores, organizations, parks an recreation, etc...A good recent picture of your home is important.
Finally, be prepared, since you are selling on your own, to answer the question: Why are you moving!
Eugene Kopman, , New York, NY
Tue Nov 16, 2010
Demi,

Everyone has their own template, there really isn't a standard. Depending on what the type of building and type of apartment, certain things should go in there.

Feel free to e-mail me directly and I will gladly help you set one up for free.

Eugene Kopman
BOND New York
646-39-RENYC
eugene@bondnewyork.com