Can an executor control bank accounts while the person is still alive?

Asked by bluevet12, Naples, FL Sun Jan 13, 2013

Answers

5
Chris Carter,…, , Florida
Tue Jan 15, 2013
If you're referring to the executor of a living trust, he or she is usually called a trustee. Outside of a trust arrangement, a principal may grant the person who will eventually be the executor of his/her estate a power of attorney while the principal is still alive which may become durable after death.

You should get all the details, arrangements, and relationships straight.....then talk with a licensed attorney in your state.

Online legal advice from non-attorneys is similar to getting an online haircut...it can't really be done.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Jan 14, 2013
You really should contact an attorney for legal questions. There are such things as living wills that appoint a trustee or such to oversee ones matters. A lawyer would be able to help with what you need and how to set it up
Marc Comisar, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Mon Jan 14, 2013
You should contact an attorney for legal questions.....

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
Pam & John G…, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Jan 14, 2013
This is a legal question and needs to be asked of an attorney. I would imagine that more details would be needed for the attorney to answer this question properly.
Nadine Mauro, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Mon Jan 14, 2013

You need to speak with an attorney for an answer to this question. You would probably need to bring the documentation with you so you can get the best advice.
As the power of attorney for my elderly 90 year old mother i have all the responsibilities to ensure her best during her later years and all expenses to ensure her comfort are under my decisions and my expenses to do all this for her are paid out of her account and documented annually
Flag Mon Jan 21, 2013
Flag Mon Jan 21, 2013