Can a home under contract in Monroe, NY (Orange County) be listed in some type of "pending -- show" status?

Asked by Jay, Monroe, NY Sat May 9, 2009

I am in CA, selling a home in NY. My agent & the buyers agent have not communicated well. Things keep coming up because we never get what the buyers want up front . A few examples: It took weeks to learn they wanted an electrical upgrade. Also, my agent told me they didn't sign the contract after having it 2 weeks because their sellers concession was not included. It was, there was no problem. What they wanted was to push back closing from 6/15 to 7/15. The contract is contingent on financing. They said they were submitting a preapproval but never did. They just signed the contract, 50 days after we accepted their offer, & it is enroute to me in CA. No open houses or aggressive marketing took place during this time ("this is a good offer" ; "the weather is bad"). I have hope but little confidence the deal will close. I'm told the listing will be dropped from MLS as they have no home sale contingency. Any way to keep the house advertised online?

Answers

5
HV Home Team, Agent, Central Valley, NY
Tue May 12, 2009
Jay,
Unfortunately, sitting back and waiting is not the answer. Get to the bottom of what's going on with the transaction. If you are not getting regular updates from your agent call the office manager or broker. If this doesn't yield results have your attorney contact the buyer's attorney & get a copy of their mortgage commitment. If it has contiguencies, these must be addressed in order to move forward. Try pushing a little. It may help or atleast shed some light on where you are in the process.
Web Reference:  http://www.RemoRealty.com
Paddy Pizappi, Agent, Pine Bush, NY
Sun May 10, 2009
Hi Jay,
I am sorry this is happening. There are a lot of interesting issues stated in your question and you sound quite frustrated with communication. One of the options open to you as you are under a listing contract with this Broker is to ask to speak with the principal Broker or manager for the Broker at the office of the agent you are listed with. Perhaps there is a way to resolve it that will work in everyones best interest and your agent may be missing it because they are so close to the deal. Please note that I work as a buyer's agent in the area and have no interest in obtaining this listing so I offer you this avenue for resolving it without any benefit to myself.
HV Home Team, Agent, Central Valley, NY
Mon May 18, 2009
Jay,

Here's a few things that you should know at this point in your deal:

1) Has the buyer signed the contract and put up their downpayment?
* Your Attorney will know. Typically, the down payment is forwarded to your attorney's escrow account.
2) Has the property been inspected?
*Your agent will know.
3) Do you have the name and number of the mortgage rep that they are working with?
*Your agent should know. You need to find out if they have applied for the mortgage. Typically, the appaiser will not go out to the property until all parties have signed the contract.
Jay, Home Seller, Monroe, NY
Mon May 18, 2009
Thank you, Marty. They still have not provided a mortgage commitment stating they must have a contract signed by me before they will apply (which conflicts with their agent stating they would be submitting the preapproval). The agent held an open house Sunday and finally posted a few seasonally appropriate photos. The home is in prime location, needs work but is very well priced. I expect the contract will arrive in the mail shortly, but feel the marketing of this property was short-shrifted. Thanks, Jay
Jay, Home Seller, Monroe, NY
Sun May 10, 2009
Paddy, thanks for your constructive answer. I'll give it a try. Best wishes, Jay.