Lisav, Home Seller in 30101

Can I trade homes in Acworth,GA for a new home? We have lost value and can't sell? Options?

Asked by Lisav, 30101 Mon Aug 2, 2010

We are currently in a development that is not complete, home vaules are less than when we built 3 years ago. We would like to get out of our current house with some sort of trade. Selling could take months to years plus great loss. We long to know our current options. Looking for same or slightly larger home but outside of our neighborhood. We desire more land/space...less neighborhood restrictions.

Answers

8
Darrell Hess, Agent, Asheville, NC
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Since this question was thrown out there over two years ago,

Did you sell or are you still in this property?

There is nothing on TV and this was the best soap box themed arena I could find.
Lake Bishop, Agent, Denver, CO
Mon Jan 7, 2013
If you can afford to buy another property and rent this one that would be ideal. When the complex is complete the prices should rise. Plus the market is getting better so if you hold out for a year or two weather you stay or rent it. You might be able to recover your investment.
Thom Colby, Agent, Irvine, CA
Tue Oct 26, 2010
Not to be harsh, but - - you can put as much lipstick on this pig as you want but it's still going to be a pig.

If the property is in an unfinished development that has lost significant value already, who in their right mind would want it?

I think you should find a way to lease it or lease option it.

Best of luck,

Thom Colby
Broker / Owner
Thom Colby Properties
Newport Beach CA
Julia De Sos…, Agent, Buford, GA
Tue Aug 3, 2010
Hello Lisav,

Have you considered to list your home for sale with lease purchase option? There are some buyers there who are not ready to buy a home right away but willing to do a one or two years lease purchase option.
Please feel free to call me and I will be glad to tell you how LP works.

Julia De Sosa-Rocha

Atlantic Realty
Cell: (404)-886-0566
Fax: 1-866-529-5148
Email: jdesosarocha@yahoo.com
Chad Swoszow…, , Woodstock, GA
Mon Aug 2, 2010
There are some trades going on out there. There have been several in my office in the past month. I have heard of people trading up and down. You just have to find someone in your same situation. I would recommend getting with a real estate agent that can shop around for you. If you find someone that wants to trade through personals, Craigslist, or social network sites I would encourage you not to go at it with a real estate agent or attorney to assist you. Hope that helps.
Ken Cook, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Aug 2, 2010
There are resources available. You can Google "trade your home" and get good results on the search - Google Search http://ht.ly/2k7Sx. For the actual trade, however, you're on your own. It's a tough market for everyone and 30101 isn't doing that well. Be careful about any advice on a short sale as it could take years until you can recover your credit. I've been in the business longer than some have been alive and I spent 15 years in Acworth. If I can help financially don't hesitate to let me know. I'm also available for Q&A about how the situation can affect you credit wise.
Reynalda Cha…, Agent, Cartersville, GA
Mon Aug 2, 2010
You can list your House for sale with the option to exchange, you may get someone interested in buying your home, i have not seen any exchange deals recently due to the huge inventory of foreclosures, your last resource will be a short sale if you find yourself in bad situation, you may want to start the selling process as soon as possible due to the slow market conditions.
Dp2, , Virginia
Mon Aug 2, 2010
You might consider selling with seller financing.