If you don't have any potential buyers/leads, you are better off listing your properties and working with an Agent. You get better price in a shorter time...
I have few articles that may help you in my Blog, feel free to browse through it:
1. Do you know how to make your home appeal to the most buyers?
2. Will you be available to show your home whenever a buyer wants to see it?
3. Do you know what comparable homes sold for in the last 3 months?
4. Do you know how to price your home?
5. Do you know how to negotiate the sale of your home?
6. Do you know how to attract the most buyers?
7. Do you know how to screen a looker from a buyer?
These are just a few considerations. Sure you can acquire the knowledge you will need to sell your home, but will the price you pay in your time and dollars really save you anything? History shows that your home will sell faster and at a higher price if you hire a qualified Realtor and follow their advise than if you did it yourself.
You could give yourself a root canal, but do you really want to? No, you'd want to hire a professional for that.