Can I list my property with more than one realtor at a time?

Asked by Carlton, Florida City, FL Mon Mar 19, 2012

Answers

5
Reema Sharma, Agent, Glen Oaks, NY
Sat Mar 24, 2012
this is an open listing. I recommended listing with one agent to get more exposure and time spent on.
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Mon Mar 19, 2012
Hi, This would be considered an open listing but keep in mind without an exclusive you aren't going to get much effort from agents. You will also most likely miss out on any marketing, advertising, and the MLS. The listing will go into a book and if agents remember, they will show it.

Chris
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Mon Mar 19, 2012
There is such a thing as an "open listing", but most good agents are not willing to offer such a listing.

Think about it for a moment. It means that I (as one of your listing agents) will be spending my money marketing the heck out of your property, only to find out that some other agent sold it instead, and I've wasted my time and money.

I'd rather spend my time/money on an exclusive property.
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Mon Mar 19, 2012
Why would you want to do that? One of the reasons you list with a realtor is so that they will market your property to other realtors as well as to the general public. It's the reason the realtor will split the commission with another realtor if they bring you a buyer. If you list with a realtor who knows how to do their job, and then follows through, you shouldn't feel the need to list with more than one realtor.
Thank you, that is helpful, however, what if the realtor chosen does not appear to be trying hard enough to sell the property, or not giving it enough priority?
Flag Thu Mar 10, 2016
Michael Cheng, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Mar 19, 2012
It's possible, but not recommended. You may end up having to pay commissions to both Realtors.
Web Reference:  http://www.archershomes.com