Can I list my home as for sell by owner on your website?

Asked by Bella, Gulfport, MS Sun Mar 14, 2010

Answers

5
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Sun Mar 14, 2010
Bella

The official Trulia answer is only Agents can place a home for sale on Trulia...You could also use a flat-fee Agent just to put your house on Trulia, Realtor.com, your local MLs and many other sites......

Now I am aware of a number of people who have use postlets (they just claim to be an Agent as there is apparently no verification used by postlets) and after the waiting period the home shows up as a listing here at Trulia.
Trulia apparently uses no verification system and in previous discussions about this said they remove the listing IF IT IS BROUGHT TO THEIR ATTENTION, which does not seem to happen often...

Of course that's all stuff you are not suppose to do and I'm certainly not suggesting you use postlets claim you are an Agent then have your home listed here nor am I saying you could also claim to be an Agent here at Trulia (Since they do not verify that either) with a listing...Just saying I've seen it happen a good number of times.

Dunes -
Lucashartman…, Home Owner, 21523
Mon Aug 8, 2011
There are a whole lot of other sites you can place your house on, or you can even get a real estate agent and they usually can list homes on a whole bunch of different sites. I'd say it's worth a shot, but it's up to you.
Web Reference:  http://homesincasper.com
Damion Flynn, Agent, Saucier, MS
Sun Mar 14, 2010
If you are looking for exposure, I would not waste the time or lie to get in on here. We put our listings on here as part of our total marketing package, but honestly we get our best traffic (other than personal blog/search engine rankings) from Craigslist (you just have to fight the spam which has become horrible over the past couple of years)
Web Reference:  http://mscoastrealty.com
Pat & Steve…, Agent, Westlake, OH
Sun Mar 14, 2010
No, Trulia doesn't allow it. It's only for Realtors. You could try Zillow. com & Craigslist.com.
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Sun Mar 14, 2010
The property search listings are only for the real professionals.

You can write a blog giving details including price and contact information. Just be sure to repost it often or it will be quickly lost. To repost often just add a comment. Later come back and change something. One letter difference will work add a space, take it away., save and it is on top again.