Jody Duncan, Other/Just Looking in Springfield, OH

Can I have advice on finding buyers for my home?

Asked by Jody Duncan, Springfield, OH Mon Oct 29, 2012

I have trouble selling the homes that I have on contract. I try online marketing, bandit signs...you name it.

Answers

2
Joan Congilo…, Agent, Freehold, NJ
Sat Nov 10, 2012
I'm assuming you are a realtor & as you know just putting a home in MLS and a sign on the lawn doesn't get homes sold. Review your listings and make price adjustments as needed, rewrite your listing descriptions, take good photos & try print ads since the internet isn't working for you.
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Jody,
Are you a licensed agent? If not, you will continue to struggle. The vast majority of buyers search for listings on the major MLS sites. Trulia, Zillow and others pale in comparison to having access to your local MLS.
If you are an agent and use the MLS getting a home sold is doing property marketing, staging and most importantly pricing. A poorly marketed home with terrible staging will sell if priced right. If properly marketed and staged, it will sell for more and faster.
Unfortunately I am not licensed. Perhaps that is why I am struggling. I have no access to my local MLS and after during some research this past month I come to realize how important that is. I need to get my home sold so I can invest in my own education. That was my plan, sell my first home and get licensed. I understand the importance of it.
Flag Tue Oct 30, 2012