Can I face any legal legal issue's with the realator?

Asked by Michael Laib, Philadelphia, PA Sun Jul 7, 2013

Currently I own a home with my brother and we have the house on the market with a realator. I received an offer on the house but, my brother is unable to find a home and would like to buy me out and stay in the home. I would like to know if there are any legal issue's I can face with the realator since, we would like to take it off the market and let him take ownership of it?

We both bought the house and pay half of everything. The mortgage is in my name and bank but, we are both on the deed. We were thinking since he is half owner that we could take it off the market and he could refinance the home so, everything could be put in his name and he would just pay me my share of what we would make from selling it. We just wanted to make sure there would be no legal issues since the realator currently has someone with an offer to buy. My thought process is since he is half owner then we are really not selling it and that we just need to pull it from the market. Any thoughts on this?

Answers

9
Philip J. Cu…, Agent, Feasterville, PA
Thu Nov 21, 2013
So since your post in July7, 2013 and people are still responding I think better make that hope you're not waiting for some new advice because it's all been said if you have not made a decision maybe you should do it NOW call me 267-934-1971 if OI can help but you should wake up and move if you not today then when?

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
VIP Realty Corp
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
http://www.GreatPaRE.com
PhillCunningham2004@yahoo.com
Office 215-725-5700 EXT49
Cell 267-934-7191
Web Reference:  http://www.GreatPaRE.com
Jennifer Rad…, Agent, Newtown, PA
Wed Nov 20, 2013
Read your listing contract. Many contracts indicate that the real estate agent did their job and has earned a commission when they have found a ready willing and able buyer. If you read your contract and are still unsure, consult an attorney.
David Siegel, Agent, Boston, PA
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Can I face legal issues? You are asking anonymous strangers in the real estate field if you can face legal issues? Please. You list the property then one brother buys out the other? Did you happen to mention that before you engaged professional services? Did you fraudulently obtain professional services? Did you intentionally deceive the licensed professional with whom you entered into a contract? Perhaps you should be asking another question? Like "Who Do I Make The Check Out To?"

Does that answer your question
Larry Lichtm…, Agent, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Tue Aug 13, 2013
Hi Michael,

Chances are you may be legally bound to pay a sales commission to the listing agent who solicited and brought you an acceptable offer.

I'm certain that if you are honest and upfront with your Realtor, you can put your heads together and come up with an amicable solution that suits everyone involved. Good Luck with everything.

Larry Lichtman, CNE
Realtor, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
CELL/Text: (267) 254-7994

Liberty Real Estate Associates
924 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Office: (215) 625-4725
Philip J. Cu…, Agent, Feasterville, PA
Mon Jul 8, 2013
You need to take your listing agreement to an Attorney and have it reviewed. The main question is, Did you and your brother both sign the contract? this is important and the main reason to hire an Attorney. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
215-725-5700X49
philcunningham2004@yahoo.com
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Michael,
Folks rarely ask a question for which they do not know the answer. They, by asking, are simply solicitiong opinions that give them permission to do what they have already decided to do.
-
You already know what the 'right' thing to do is.
Your ability to impose the 'wrong' solution depends on the attorney you hire.
-
Without question, if you presented your question to the professional you CONTRACTED WITH TO SELL YOUR HOME, a easy and transparent....and "RIGHT" solution will be reached that will make eveyone happy.
-
So, will you walk in the sun shine or go for a walk on the dark side?

Just a side note: Real estate professinal who are members of the National Assocation of Realtors are known as a REALTOR (r) not realator.
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Mon Jul 8, 2013
You need to seek legal advice from an attorney since you are in a contract
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Mon Jul 8, 2013
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Again, you are asking about legal issues, so you must direct these questions to an attorney.