Buddy, Home Seller in 94010

Brad Davidson got my question, can I keep the buyer in the deal by correcting the defects in home inspection report? Anybody in San Mateo County???

Asked by Buddy, 94010 Thu Apr 21, 2011

The contract does not provide for a right to cure defects. Is there a general provision under California Real Estate law? Thanks to everybody who answers my question.

Answers

3
Abbie Higashi, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Thu Nov 14, 2013
A buyer and seller may negotiate, while in contract, for items to be repaired. However, in the same manner that a Seller is not obligated to undertake repairs, a Buyer is not obligated to accept repairs. In the purchase contract, it notes that a Buyer may request repairs OR take other action. That other action, of course, can mean walking away from the contract. The buyer, though, would certainly be held to their obligations under the contract so "walking away" from it will have a result specific to the original contract terms (were there contingencies? was earnest money forfeited?, etc.).
colin mclaug…, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Sun Sep 22, 2013
Brad,

I don't know the specifics of your situation but I always coach sellers to get their inspections done before taking offers. It really helps the selling process go much smoother by limiting surprises to potential buyers. It can often eliminate the need for the the buyers to get their own inspections. It is a fast moving market and anything that can be done upfront is a good thing.

Best of luck to you in your transaction

Colin Mclaughlin
41-971-0558
Dan Gilmartin, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Thu Apr 21, 2011
They have the right to pass, but hopefully by doing the work you can keep the deal together.

Dan Gilmartin
The Gilmartin Group
650-348-2020
thanks
Flag Tue Oct 8, 2013