BPOs... How do I get certified ??? and do I need to be a Licensed Broker / Agent???

Asked by Jrenaud, Monee, IL Tue Apr 20, 2010

I currently work for a Re/Max agent and would like to get into the BPO business. I do tons for her and with the amount of time i spend on doing them I come to realize I could be working on them for myself and be the one making the profit. My question I have is do I have to be a Broker/ Realtor to do BPOS or do I just need to be certified for BPO?? Any info would be great I would love to get a certificate in the BPO business. Thanks!!!

Answers

4
Felix Hung, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Sat Sep 18, 2010
Jrenaud,

If you've gotten your license since April, here are two sites with over 100 places to sign up for BPOs.

http://www.bpoaccess.com/

http://www.bpo-companies.com/
Tammy Fullri…, , Wilmington, IL
Wed Apr 21, 2010
Hi Jrenaud,
You must be a licensed agent to do BPO's. Actually, the agent you are working for can herself in a lot of trouble for allowing you to do them for her. She should be doing them herself or pay for your licensing so you can do them for her. Hope this helps :)
Allison Stew…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Wed Apr 21, 2010
A BPO is a Broker's Price Opinion. In Florida, you MUST be a licensed Broker to do one, I would check with your local board as well as the Broker at your firm.
Kent Gagon, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Tue Apr 20, 2010
In order to be paid for them you are going to have to be a licensed agent because they have to pay your broker and then your broker will have to pay you. Unless things are different in your area, that is how it works here. Consult with a local Real Estate Broker in your area for more information. There are certifications that you can get but being licensed is the first step.
Hope this helps good luck