As the Primary on a Living Trust, how do I sell a property in a Living Trust.

Asked by Jam, kc Sun Jun 8, 2008

If my Dad's property is in a Living Trust and because he has been found to be incompetent due to Alzheimer's the primary on the trust how do i go about selling the property in order to pay for his healthcare which can be $4,000.00 or more a month.. I do not have the original copy but do have a photocopy of the Living Trust. The Living Trust states that upon death or mental incompetency the primary takes over the Living Trust. Property is in Pico Rivera.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Sun Jun 8, 2008

You will need to provide a copy of the trust to the title company along with a letter from 3 doctors indicating his current mental state. Have your agent check with a local title company to see if they will require more. Good luck.
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more