Melissa Mayn…, Home Buyer in Colorado Springs, CO

Are there not a lot of buyers out there right now in the Townhome Market? Ours is priced really well for District 20 but not a lot of activity.

Asked by Melissa Maynard, Colorado Springs, CO Sun Jun 30, 2013

it seems like buyers don't agree that your townhome is prices really well.

how does your home compare in price, presentation and promotion to townhomes that recently sold.

are you working with an agent??? if you are, go over the 3 "P" with him/her. if not, get one.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 2, 2013
The market is super hot right now for listings. Could be many issues. What is your marketing like? Do you have many good pictures on the Internet? Do you have a professional broker helping you? Are you a FSBO? If so, are you using all the tools available to you and making yourself available for showings? Do you have high HOA fees or a publicized Special Assessment?

If you don't have a realtor, I would be happy to give you a FREE 30 minute consult and help you sharpen your efforts. If you have a agent please disregard this message.

Best of luck.

Charles D'Alessio
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 1, 2013
We have a free home tracker at under: http://viewpropertydetailsandphotosofthishome.realhelpreales… feel free to use it, no charge!
It all comes down to the basic, Condition, Price and Location.
As a lender I could help by creating a finance flyer that would give buyers some insight as to payment, utilities etc
let me know if that would be of interest
I was just curious if it was just us! I wondered if there was a slow down in the market due to increasing interest rates. I really think we are priced right for our area but it could just be a waiting game to find the right buyer.
I have found the townhome market is spotty depending on the part of town it is in.
Additionally you have said that it would be 1850 sq. ft. if the basement is finished. So that doesn't really count. To determine the cost per sq. ft. you take the finished living space and divide it by cost to see how competitively priced you are and then you get some extra for the basement but not full cost per square foot because someone will need to finish it after all and that costs too.
Like yo said also bells and whistles with reasonable HOA fees are very important because the lender will figure those in when qualifying the buyer. HOA fees are not usually optional and with many complexes charging over $200 this can severely affect borrowing power.
If you want a second opinion I would be happy to help but again since you already have a realtor, I could not represent you and do not want to upset what your own broker has going on for you marketing wise.
Denver was going thru a crazy period of multiple offers etc. on everything but inventory and demand have now begun to even out there and the Springs.
Could be waiting for the right buyer but I would make sure you are where you should be price wise and not be the lone holdout at a price too high as this wilkl also cause a wrench in the cogs on appraisal too. Best of luck.
Flag Mon Jul 1, 2013
Is it listed with a professional broker?
The market is great for town homes, I just sold 2 of them. One sold within 5 days. It needs to be in ggod shape, priced right and get the right exposure and it will sell.
I had the same thing happen with 2 of mine as well! Exposure is key. There are always buyers looking out there, it helps to have your home in multiple markets to gain maximum exposure! Good Luck Melissa! and Congrats Ron!!
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013
It is listed with a professional broker.
What is the address of the property? Is it listed with a professional broker?
It does not have the bells and whistles such as granite counter tops but it is in good condition. Since we don't have bells and whistles we have priced it as such. Only asking 125 for a 1, 840 square foot townhome if the basement was finished.
The market is very good as inventory is limited... Has your TH been updated!