Are there good closing cost estimators that plug in tax info? I may sell my place and rent instead, but need to research the costs of doing so.

Asked by Lpiotti, 19015 Thu Apr 28, 2011

I've solely owned a condo for four years, but due to refinancing, I haven't made any progress in reducing the principle. I have had to make so many repairs that I'm quickly depleting my savings, so I'm trying to decide if I should cut my losses. I'm hesitant to seek an agent's advice, because I'd like to attempt to sell my place myself to save commission money. I know an agent can do a better job, but I just don't have the money.

Answers

3
Erica Ramus,…, Agent, Pottsville, PA
Fri Sep 30, 2011
BINGO. You KNOW an agent can do a better job, but still want to undertake this important step yourself to save the money. In the long run this is dangerous, because if you are WRONG in your estimation, you could get in some trouble financially!

What if you agree to sell your house to a buyer and you underestimate the costs to you, and end up paying out of pocket?

You know the value of a good agent is not only marketing your property, but also in ADVISING you.

If you don't want to hire an agent please hire an attorney to get you through this and advise you.

Another alternative is to hire an agent on a consultative basis. You could pay an agent to provide you a good price estimation of your home's value, plus explain closing costs to you for a single flat fee. Why not pursue that option?

Not all agents will do this, however many will!

Don't go it alone. There is no one fits all closing cost estimator out there. All areas are unique in their tax rules, prorations, cloing costs, etc.

Either hire an attorney or a realtor to consult with you.
Erica Ramus,…, Agent, Pottsville, PA
Fri Sep 30, 2011
Ask a local realtor. The problem is every area has its own pecularities (taxes, etc) so find a good Brookhaven agent to do this for you.
Michael Genn…, Agent, Media, PA
Wed Sep 28, 2011
Hello!

I can provide you a closing costs estimate with with taxes and all other figures which would show your bottom line. This is a free service with absolutely no obligation. I can also show you somee great techniques to help you sell your property own your own! Please call me at 610-580-6365 or email me at MichaelG@LNF.com. I'd be glad to help you out!

Thanks! Michael Gennett