Once you decide to put your home on the market you'll have to prepare it for successfull showings. Try looking at it as if you are the buyer.
1. Keep it uncluttered. Put all those personal pictures away. Clean off all the post its, reminders, pictures, magents, etc. from your Refrigerator. You want to make your house look neater and larger. You want to convey a spacious feeling. Open the blinds or verticals or turn on all the lights. Make sure all light bulbs are working.
2. Keep it clean. Fresh paint and a good cleaning gives surfaces a fresh look and gives the
impression that your home has been well kept.
3. Keep it neutral. Get rid of distracting colors like orange, purple, green. Neutral colors and simple, unclutted decor help buyers visualize their belongings in a room.
4. Keep it repaired. Fix it before the buyer inquires about it. The need for repairs can make or break a sale.
5. Keep it smelling good. No animal orders, no smoking or cigarette smells. Don't cook
smelly foods before a showing. House that smell, do not sell.
6. First impression are most important. Make sure the entrance to your house is clean of all
debris and the front door is clean and in good shape. Repair screens, doors and windows.. Trim, weed and neaten up your walkways, lawn and garden. Resod or seed if necessary. Add fresh mulch under shrubs. Add potted or hanging flowers to deck or porch.
7. Before showing, put away toys clothes, flood or other "left out" items. Close all drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. Make a final check of every room.
8. Leave the house before the Agent comes with her buyers.
Another important step to take when you decide to sell your home, is hiring a FULL TIME Real Estate Agent. All Real Estate Agents are not alike. The best way to choose your real estate agent is to ask many informative and probing questions: How long have you been in real estate? Are you familiar with the market and the benefits of my neighborhood? What will you do to attract buyers to my home? How will you make sure people find my home online? How would you determine the best asking price for my house? Are you full or part time? Do you have any websites? What are you going to do as a real estate professional that is different than other agents?
Hiring the right Real Estate Agent is the most important step in selling your house. They will be able to help and guide you through every step of your real estate transaction. If you are thinking of selling your home and would like a personal marketing presentation, please do not hesitate to call me direct at 732-278-7164. Ask for Karen. You can also visit my website at http://www.KarenGalliniSellsHomes.com
or e mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.