Are all listing agents the same???please help us find one

Asked by Lswarth1, Ocean City, MD Sat Dec 28, 2013

We are having a heck if a time with our current listing agent. we seem to be on a different page. it feels as if he is doing nothing to sell our property and an utter lack of communication.
we are working with a very short time line to buy and sell. So we are thinking of changing agents. But it seems like agents don't like to return phone calls or emails in a timely manner. Is this normal for the business? Because it drives me crazy!! And it seems anyone we attempt to contact is the same way. How do we find a good agent?

Answers

10
Dave Leiderm…, , Ocean City, MD
Sat Dec 28, 2013
A good agent may be a relative term depending on the wants and needs of a seller and the Realtor's ability to communicate, and in what fashion. It truly comes down to your comfort level and your rapport with the Realtor you're working with. Communication is key.

It sounds as if your best course of action would be to set up a meeting with your Realtor to discuss your concerns - lines of communication, market expectations, marketing and pricing. Unfortunately the market has not been kind to many sellers so there is an understandable level of frustration. What your expectations of selling time are vs. your agent's might be vastly different. In the end, I believe that a straight forward discussion about your property can only help regardless of your decision.

Best of luck,

Dave
Dleiderman@cbmove.com
Realtor DE & MD Beaches
Joy Snyder, Agent, Ocean City, MD
Thu Jan 2, 2014
There are Real Estate Agents/Brokers who consider this a business, not a past-time. Yes, there is a difference - time to pow-wow with your current Listing Agent for a review of his/her business plan and commitment to your property. I would strongly suggest you deal with a local Agent who knows this market, not just someone licensed in this state. Ocean City is a very distinctive market, so much to know, unlike a primary market.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Dec 28, 2013
Keep in mind that not all agents are created equal. Have you had a discussion with your agent, if so and the chat proved unsatisfactory contact his/her broker owner and express your concerns; you could ask to be assigned another agent from within for the duration of the contract.....
Joseph Luht, Agent, Parkville, MD
Mon Sep 15, 2014
I would say interview 3 agents to see what they can offer. Do not judge by the company they are work for. There are good and bad agents that work for big companies and the same goes for small companies.
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sun Sep 14, 2014
Try to get a referral from a friend, family member, or someone else you trust. Of course all agents are different, you'll find the right one. Lastly, don't listen to disgruntled buyers and their ridiculous advice...

Chris
Lee Miller, Home Buyer, J.S.J. Estates, Laredo, TX
Sun Sep 14, 2014
it,s all about greed for these agents!they don,t care if you lose the house you bought the very next month,it,s only about their commissions!fight back,only bid half of what they ask general rule,because they put rediculus prices on everything they try to sell,they are so greedy,they will let a property get moldy or ruined rather than sell and make a reasonable commission!tell them straight out,your not ripping me off!
same with agents selling your home,they put prices rediculusly high,which means you can,t get your house sold,these realtors are the reason the buying and selling eperience if such a pain,greed,you tell them what you want!your the owner!same with buyers you tell them!without you they make no MONEY!
Flag Sun Sep 14, 2014
Terrence McG…, Agent, Ocean City, MD
Sat Dec 28, 2013
Listing agents are not all "created equal". I would recommend communicating to your current agent of your issues with him or her. Look at your listing contract to verify what the termination terms are. Interview multiple agents to make sure you have a comfort with them. If you speak to other agents before you terminate your current listing contract, notify the agent you are speaking with that you are currently under contract with another agent, to limit ethics issues.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
terrymcg22@comcast.net
Linda Quasney, Agent, Marco Island, FL
Sat Dec 28, 2013
Just like individual people, agents can vary in their methods. Generally, we all work very hard to accomplish our clients' goals. That being said, agents are not alike and each has various differences in the way business is conducted. Communication is very key with sellers - keeping sellers notified of changing market conditions and comparable sales that may affect the value of an individual property is key to accomplishing sellers' goals

Website: http://www.LindaQuasney.com
.

Linda Quasney, REALTOR® , GRI
Licensed in MD & DE
ResortQuest Real Estate
37458 Lion Dr., Suite #7 Selbyville, DE 19975
302-436-1100 Office
302-541-8892 Direct
410-977-2519 Cell
302-436-1101 Fax
linda.quasney@resortquest.com

Visit My Website

Delaware law requires real estate licensees to provide this Consumer Information Statement at the earlier of your first scheduled appointment, the first showing of a property, or making an offer.
Sharon Curti…, Agent, Berlin, MD
Sat Dec 28, 2013
All listing agents aren't the same. If you aren't on the same page with your agent and your communication is breaking down, then it may just be time to interview some others. Keep in mind your listing agreement will have a termination clause in it that you should look at before pulling the plug.

Some agents may not be as "connected" during the holiday season. I use the latest technology to market my listings and stay in contact. Feel free to check out my website and testimonials from my past clients. You can send me your contact information as well if you would like a no-obligation updated market analysis on your property. Website: http://www.oc4shore.com Email: sharon@oc4shore.com
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Sat Dec 28, 2013
No normal for business, click on the Find and Agent link above and contact the top trulia pros in your area.