Any known lease/purchase options in West Hills/Bell Canyon/Chatsworth? Requirements: minimum of 4 bedrooms, 3000 feet, prefer a pool. Thank you.

Asked by Mike P, Bell Canyon, CA Wed Feb 24, 2010

Answers

1
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Thu Feb 25, 2010
Wrong question.

There may or may not be any "known" lease/purchase options. I'll leave that to a Realtor with access to the MLS in that area.

Right question: "Any lease/purchase options in West Hills . . . " Absolutely. And I don't need the MLS for that. I've posted a lot on the subject of finding and creating lease-options. You can search for them; they go into detail about how to do it. But among the things to look for:

--Properties that are vacant, especially those with long days on market.
--Properties listed in the MLS both for rent and for sale.
--Properties listed in the MLS for sale that previously had been listed for rent.
--Properties listed in the MLS for rent that previously had been listed for sale.
--Properties listed in the MLS indicating some sort of owner financing.
--Properties not in the MLS but advertised elsewhere, such as Craigslist, meeting any of the above criteria.

There are dozen of other possibilities, too. Or do your own marketing. Send a letter to owners of properties meeting your criteria.