Any advise on getting more activity 2039 ft 3br/3.5ba townhouse Southpoint area Executive Office 3 floors $220K? Any creative ideas?

Asked by Deborah Miller, Durham, NC Mon Jun 14, 2010

MLS 1718203 601 Mallory Lane Unit 8

Answers

3
Barrett Powe…, , Cary, NC
Mon Jun 14, 2010
Deborah,

As you know the biggest thing you can do is get as much exposure as possible. ListHub is getting your listing out to a number of sites already. Here are some other tricks you might want to try:

1) Refresh the listing by making some changes to the listing. Think about rewriting the "Remarks" section. I have been told that certain fields trigger a data refresh by some websites that get a feed from the MLS and one of those fields is the "Remarks" field. This is suppose to make the listing look like a new listing to other websites and they will show up as new.

2) Think about writing a blog article about living in the Southpoint area. Place the blog on as many sites as you can along with post to your Social Media sites liking back to your website and the listing. Remember, your after people looking for the lifestyle your property offers them, no so much the property itself.

3) Think about using tools like Postlets to post the listing on additional websites and to create a nice looking Craigslist listing.

4) Did you do a video of the property and post it on YouTube and other sites. Video is a big thing now.

Barrett
Web Reference:  http://BarrettPowell.com
Bryan Yonish…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Fri Jul 16, 2010
Well, I've started a web site as a networking tool to help small business network. I started: Southpointbusiness.com

If I could get enough small businesses to submit a FREE banner ad maybe I could increase the link quality score for the Southpoint area.

Then maybe I could build a resource that folks would value specific to this area.
Jay Zenner, Agent, Durham, NC
Tue Jun 15, 2010
What happened to location, location, location? Your MLS remarks, which serve as copy to all the sites MLS data is passed along to, are all about the townhouse itself. The pics make a lot of that redundant. Townhouses are townhouses but communities are different. What makes this one nice? Offering to pay the HOA dues, treats them as a negative when they should be a benefit. What do they cover...insurance, water, landscaping, tennis courts, pool? Since these amenities are what a lot of townhouse buyers are looking for, I'd give them some exposure. Do an eflyer but remember eflyers are going to agents so address what would make this deal attractive to them as buyer agents including a strong offer of compensation. Pre-inspections, availability of comps, ability to close quickly, ease of access for showings or anything else that would make this an easy home to show and sell should be highlighted. Give the buyer agents lots of reasons to show it instead of dozens of similar listings.

In a buyers market, we not only have to market ourselves as brokers, we have to market the homes we list. Think about the 4 P's of marketing, Product, Price, Place and Promotion.

Good luck. It looks like a versatile property in a great area.
Web Reference:  http://4PsRE.com