Am I understanding correctly that the 9A Report is only required in the the city of LA, not the county? Where do I find any requirement for retrofit?

Asked by Giantclam, Saugus, CA Mon Jul 11, 2011

Answers

3
Jerry Sun, Agent, Pasadena, CA
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Yes..9A Report is ONLY required for City of Los Angeles.
Here is a copy of the 9A Report (see link below), Under "OWNER’S DECLARATION" you will find the "Requirements" for the retrofit. Hope this will help you...
Rainer Pedraz, Agent, Glendale, CA
Fri Nov 13, 2015
Also 9A Reports are not required for New Construction. Hope this helps!
John Barry, Agent, Eagle Rock, VA
Mon Jul 11, 2011
Hi Giantclam,

Yes, you are correct, the 9A report is only required for properties located within the City of Los Angeles, not the entire county. For any specific requirements for retrofitting in other areas, it is best to check with the local city's Department of Building & Safety. I am not aware of any retrofitting requirements for the city of San Gabriel, but it would be best to check with the City to be sure. Let me know if you have any questions.

John Barry
DRE #01856079
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Email: john.barry@coldwellbanker.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RealtorJB
Twitter: @RealtorJB
John, do private companies offer these 9A retrofit reports? Do you know who would be able to provide this report? Any suggestions or if you have a referral would be appreciated. Thank you,
Flag Fri Jul 6, 2012