After a showing on your house, when should your agent call the buyers agent for feedback? Should they be?

Asked by lancseller, Lancaster, PA Mon Jul 28, 2008

following up immediately or is it customary to just wait to see if you hear from the buyers agent?

Answers

4
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Mon Jul 28, 2008
I agree with both that showings should be followed up as soon as possible..

My problem is that a lot of times even if you call the buyer agent, they will not return the phone calls or emails. Which is a shame because I am sure if they are in the listing agent's shoes, they would like to know what others think about their properties also.

Sylvia
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Mon Jul 28, 2008
I agree with Keith, feedback calls should be made within 24 hours when possible.

Buyer's agents are often showing many houses with each outing (8, 12, 15), and they may be working with 2 or 3 clients at a time. So you want to catch them, while they still have a memory of the property, and how their client responded to the property.

Many agents will not respond to feedback calls. So you may not have feedback on a portion of your showings. But the chance of getting accurate, or any, feedback diminishes, as you get further away from the actual showing.
lancseller, Home Seller, Lancaster, PA
Mon Jul 28, 2008
thanks, thats what I thought. You just confirmed that my agent is not living up to my standards. its sometimes a week before follow up.
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Mon Jul 28, 2008
Lanc
Showing feedback is crtical to properly marketing your home and maximizing the selling price. In my opinion all showings should be followed up for feed back within 24-48 hours.

I recommend against "waiting to hear from the buyer's agent". You'll rarely hear anything. Showings, particularly during the first two or three weeks of market time, is critical. You , as the seller, should receive a report of showings and feedback on a regular basis while the lisiting is active.

I followed up with a buyer's agent once, they made a low offer, I kept in touch with them, and after about two months they made another offer...and we sold it.