No doubt that the amount of inventory out there makes this a seller''s market, but things are moving and I think you are pretty pessimistic (hoping the sellers of the home you want are reading?) j/k
Anyway, I just got this by email the other day and it is full of news about upturns in the Florida market. I haven't checked it for accuracy, but since my broker forwarded it I assume most of it is right.
TRENDS as reported from the State Capital!
- The Venice Area Board of Realtors(r) (Sarasota County)
reported 110 pending sales in February 2008 compared to 85 in January
2008. This is an increase of 29 percent.
- The Sarasota Association of Realtors(r) MLS (Sarasota County)
reported 654 sales pending (single-family and condo) in February 2008,
an increase of 27 percent over the 516 sales reported pending in January
2008. In addition, Sarasota had 418 closed sales in February 2008, up
28 percent from the 327 closed sales in January 2008.
Following is good news from other counties:
1. The number of Realtor-assisted sales pending for single-family homes
Lee County was 1,088 on Feb. 14, up 33 percent from 821 a month earlier.
2. The Realtor(r) Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach (Lee
County) had an 85.4 percent upswing in pending single family home sales
the last 10 weeks. The number of months it takes to sell all residential
properties has dropped to 12 months from a high of 22.98 months in
3. In Martin County, there were 182 pending sales on January 1. Today,
there are 345 pending sales, representing an increase of 90 percent.
4. The Emerald Coast Association of Realtors(r) (Okaloosa County)
their pending home sales were 383 in January and rose to 473 for
representing a 23 percent increase.
5. Pinellas County reported 600 single family units under contract in
February, up 23 percent from 489 a month earlier.
6. Marco Island (Collier County) reports pending sales numbers on March
2008 at 135 while a year ago (March 1, 2007) this number was 104. Their
pending sales on January 1, 2008 were 77 and in March 1, 2008, pending
sales were 135, up 75 percent.
7. The Realtor(r) Association of Greater Ft Lauderdale (Broward County)
has a forecast of pending sales that is quite impressive. Their single
family pending sales (which includes condos and town homes) totaled 529
January but their pending inventory forecast for the month of February
871. That is an increase of 65 percent.
8. Palm Beach County has seen a drastic increase in single family homes
sold between January and March this year. Between January 14 and
14, 2008, 672 homes were sold. Between February 15 and March 10, 2008,
homes sold for an increase of nearly 30 percent month to month.
9. The Pensacola Association of Realtors(r) (Escambia County) reported
pending sales at 297 (includes single family homes and condos) in
2008. In March 2008, this number rose to 345, an increase of 16 percent.
10. The Heartland Association of Realtors(r) (Highlands County) had 10
pending home sales in January 2008 and 43 in February 2008. This is an
increase of over 300 percent.
11. The Venice Area Board of Realtors(r) (Sarasota County) reported
110 pending sales in February 2008 compared to 85 in January 2008. This
an increase of 29 percent.
12. Naples Area Board of Realtors(r) (Collier County) had 513 pending
sales in February 2008 compared to 413 pending sales in January 2008, an
increase of 24 percent. Also, the pending sales for February 2008 are 10
percent higher than pending sales in February 2007 (464).
13. Flagler County Association of Realtors(r) (Flagler County) did not
have any pending sale in January 2008 but had 20 pending sales from
1, 2008 until now.
14. The West Volusia Association of Realtors(r) MLS (Volusia County)
shows a 34 percent increase in home sales in February 2008 over January
15. The Orlando Regional Realtor(r) Association report s an increase
in pending sales in both Orange and Seminole Counties. In Orange County,
pending home sales increased by 29 percent from February to March and in
Seminole County, pending home sales went up from 331 to 404, a 22
16. The Tallahassee Board of Realtors(r) (Leon County) reports an
increase in their pending sales both from a year ago and from January
Today, the pending home sales in Leon County are 410 compared to 325 in
January 2008, an increase of 26