Glitteresque, Home Buyer in 08090

About what percent can I estimate for closing costs to SELL a home (not buy just sell)

Asked by Glitteresque, 08090 Sat Aug 1, 2009

Is 10-11% of sales price reasaonable if all taxes and water sewer etc are paid to date. I know realtors gets 6%.

Answers

6
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Mon Aug 3, 2009
G
Ask your Realtor to provide you with an Estimate of Seller's Net Proceeds. That should give you an approximate idea.
Kimberly Tho…, Agent, Voorhees, NJ
Sat Aug 1, 2009
Glitteresque,
You have some good answers here. Most of the cc costs are based upon a percentage of the sales price, so yes, the more you make, on the sale, the more you'll spend in closing costs. Whether or not you'll pay some buyer closing costs also is a factor. The best thing to do is to interview 3 local Realtors and discuss with them what you'd like to sell your home for and then get a sense from them of what the final tally will be. You could also contact me offline if you like, and I could help you with the specifics, but it's pretty difficult to give you an accurate number without all the pertinent data.
Best wishes!
Kim Thomas
http://www.KimCanHelp.com
856-308-5989
Michael Rayno, Agent, Cape May, NJ
Sat Aug 1, 2009
You should be able to call the title company or Lawyer that is doing the closing to provide you with a Proforma hud 1 statement that will be accurate within a few dollars. This should be provided to you at least 2 to 3 business days prior to closing.
Gina, , Turnersville, NJ
Sat Aug 1, 2009
Hello:

NJ Transfer Tax is paid by the seller and on a $200K sale it is about $935.00. (varies by sale price)
Other closing costs are about $400.00, then you have your agents commission and any other small charges such as taxes/sewer & water.

Hope that helps!

Gina Fagnani
Century 21 Hearst Realty
GinaFagnani@aol.com
Larry Sarlo, Agent, Sewell, NJ
Sat Aug 1, 2009
Yes. 10%. Is usually a Good rule used.
There are some variables but this number is good then your mortgage.

Feel free to contact me any time.
Web Reference:  http://Www.njhomehunter.com
Mary Ann Jon…, , West Deptford, NJ
Sat Aug 1, 2009
Commissions are negotiable. Real Estate transfer fee is not. Your closing cost will depend on the final sale price. The more you make, the more the govenor will take.
The deed prep should be $100.