want to find the square footage of my property

Asked by stmartins657, 11207 Fri Jan 31, 2014

Answers

6
Jeannette Ba…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Jan 31, 2014
It should be on your survey of your property. Do you have your Deed and paperwork? You can always call your lawyer they should have copies of all your paperwork for up to seven years anything more then that check county clerks of office. Jeannette Batsikas
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Jan 31, 2014
You can measure yourself, or check local public records; online you can also check acris....
Kathryn Lilly, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Jan 31, 2014
There are many ways to measure square feet; gross, net, net net.
Condo,s most often include the propotianate share of the common space as well as the gross space of the actual apartment.
A private house is generaly gross square feet; outside wall to outside wall.
Co-Ops are measured by numbers of shares, rarely square feet.
Depending on what kind of property you have and the reason for needing to know the amount of square feet; you will get many answers to your question. But the best way is to measure it yourself.
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Jan 31, 2014
You can log onto the web site http://www.PropertyShark.com and find that type of information. Keep in mind that there is a small margin of error associated with square foot numbers on public records. The best bet for best accuracy with regard to square foot would be to actually measure all the rooms in the house and add it up.

I have a digital tape measure which makes that job easy. If you want, contact me direct and I can help you with it.

Mitchell Feldman/ Fillmore Real Estate/ 917-805-0783/ MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Sharon Burr…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Jan 31, 2014
propertyshark.com should have this informatin
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Your county should have this info in their public records system.