Question removed

Asked by Jules0427, Rochester, MN Mon Feb 18, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

2
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Jules0427,

There is also a spousal right to the property in MN. If you are married, your spouse owns half of the house regardless of whether or not they are on the deed. I'm not an attorney and there may be nuances to this so I would definitely check with one before relying on this as legal advice.

Cameron Piper
Coldwell Banker Burnet
licensed MN real estate Broker
612-839-4202
Web Reference:  http://www.CamPiper.com
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Mon Feb 18, 2013
You are the fee owner if your name is the only one on the deed, but other people could have liens against the properety. For example, a mortgage loan is a lien; another kind of lien is put on the property by the county or state as tax liens, or charges for water, sewer, etc. There are other liens as well and if you really want to know what might be, you can contact the county yourself of have a title company provide you with an owner's search which is a low-cost way to find as accurate data as possible. If you want some good resources, call me at 612-986-4105 Liz