my FICO is 544, I have 20% down payment for a 120000 home, can I get a mortgage

Asked by Bjc43, Deland, FL Sat Jun 30, 2012

Answers

3
Jim Simms, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Louisville, KY
Thu Aug 30, 2012
Not with a traditional mortgage lender, hard money maybe, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Michelle Sti…, Agent, Berthoud, CO
Thu Aug 30, 2012
There are many factors that go into a lender approving a loan application. We specialize in buyers with less than perfect credit and have a great success rate in getting you into a home that is CHEAPER than rent, most of the time. If you would like a list of my lenders that are successful at what you are trying to do, please contact me anytime. We would LOVE to help. (Colorado Based)
Sean Dougher…, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Sun Jul 1, 2012
First and foremost, you should contact a lender for an answer to this question. You should not rely on anything you hear on an open forum on Trulia, as anyone can answer, whether they know anything, don't know anything or just think they know anything. Call a local lender and do an application. This is the best way for you to find out if you qualify.

That being said, are you looking for a home in Florida or Colorado? Make sure you apply with someone in the local area where you're looking for a home. The national "lenders" don't have any skin in the game, so many times they'll tell you whatever you want to hear in order to earn the commission.

Best of luck, and please let me know if I can help you here in Colorado!