Where's the best place to get recommendations for hiring a contractor?

Asked by Trulia Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL Tue Dec 11, 2012

Answers

5
Paige Wajsman, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Ask your friends and coworkers if they have used any one. Not do they know or any one but have they had any work done. Word of mouth is very powerful and if some one has done a great job, GREAT!!! If not, that is also usful information. Good luck!
Michele Mart…, Agent, Fleming Island, FL
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Angie's list is a great resource. Contractors must be licensed and insured, so the licensing can be verified on myfloridalicense.com. I always use personal referrals- they seem to have the best results, and you can see first hand the work that has been performed, speak with the owner, and judge for yourself.
Keven Brennan, , Atlantic Beach, Jacksonville, FL
Tue Dec 11, 2012
I do quite a bit of construction lending and depending on the type of work needed can provided several good, knowlegeable, and reliable contractors if needed.
Feel free to contact me.
Keven Brennan
kevenbrennan1@comcast.net
904-382-3637
Gloria Young, Agent, St. Augustine, FL
Tue Dec 11, 2012
A homeowner should receive an estimate from three contractors for the job and the homeowner should pick the contractor with the best qualifications. The last thing is the homeowner should check the current license of the contractor to make sure their license hasn't expired or revoked.
, ,
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Angies List and City search