Asked by Dmitriy Ryabin, Brooklyn, NY • Thu Mar 14, 2013
Rather strange question. How can I defend myslelf, when I am almost never home, and am NOT making the disturbing noise? I live in a condo. My condo. The neighbor bellow - elder woman, who obviously has problems sleeping, complained to the management that I am making excessive and disturbing noise "The whole time". Now, I am thretenned with fine by the management if I do not stop making noises.
- Floors are very thin, so it os obviously that she may hear me walking.
- I do watch TV and listen to music, but at a very low volumes.
- She said herself, that she goes to sleep at 9 and "needs complete silence"
Management sends me letters, demanding me to
1) respond to every letter with certified mail - expensive and time consuming
2) demanding me "stop" making noises - that would mean me to literally lay
in bed the whole time", because the neighbor complains to any sound
How can I defend myself from accusations, and not have to deal with the management ?
Real Estate in Brooklyn
Popular Categories in Brooklyn
Email me when…
Success! Your email alert settings have been saved. Access all your email alerts in your My Trulia account anytime!