Marian, Home Owner in Peyton, CO

My house is listed in the El Paso Assessor's records with a finished basement but it doesn't have one at all!

Asked by Marian, Peyton, CO Sat Mar 24, 2012

Does this matter at all as a home owner?? will his affect my taxes and value of property?? should I fix this and If yes, how do I do it?? I am a first time home owner and have no clue how to proceed. help please!!

Answers

1
Philip Strus…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Fri Aug 16, 2013
This could definitely affect the value of the home that you are being taxed on, so getting the county assessor's records fixed could very possibly reduce your tax bill. Here is information from their website on how to proceed:

http://asr.elpasoco.com/Pages/2010AppealsProcess.aspx

I am sorry, but it is a typical government process that seems to discourage civilian involvement with lengthy instructions and an involved process. I do wish you the best of luck though. And if you ever have a real estate question, feel free to call/text: 719-232-4059.

Phil Struska

Independent Broker, Struska Real Estate