Is it possible to get copies of paperwork from Jim Walters Homes built in 1980? What happened to their files of homes built before their closing?

Asked by mcgeeba5213, Houston, TX Thu Feb 27, 2014

In need of the property survey before the house was built.

Answers

4
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Feb 27, 2014
You could go down to the court house and have them draw public records on this property. There might be a recorded survey of the property before a home was built.

If you could find out what title company they used to close the transaction, you might be able to get it from them.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Happyand45, Home Buyer, Glen Allen, VA
Sat Aug 12, 2017
Jim Walter homes is still in business. They had a law suit . Not sure of how many but they changed names numerous times. Jim Walter, Walter mortgage, and than they emerged with Green tree financial and now for mortgage loans they are called Di-Tech. They also are the owners of Walter investment.
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Feb 27, 2014
I wouldn't count on it. It's been more than thirty years, and there's really no reason for those files to be kept this long.
, ,
Thu Feb 27, 2014
Unless you are looking for recorded documents, I'd be really surprised to find anybody keeping documents this old. What are you searching for?

Barbara Coker
NMLS#228545
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer
100% Home Loans All Over Texas
Thanks for your response.
Flag Fri Feb 28, 2014
Harris County Flood Control wants verification that my house had been given permission to build on my lot to Jim Walters Homes, because now they are saying that its 8-9 ft into their easement. They are asking me to move my house and I'm not financially able to do so. Is there anything that I can legally do to keep from loosing it? Its the only place I have to live.
Flag Fri Feb 28, 2014