Christy, Home Buyer in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

If a pest control company finds wood Rot on first inspection but fails to acknowledge lack of repair of it on second inspection do I, as a buyer have

Asked by Christy, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL Tue Jun 19, 2012

any way to hold the pest control company responsible for repair? They gave a clean wdo report finding all repairs done on second re-inspect. In fact, repairs were not done and will now cost $275 after closing

Answers

5
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Jan 3, 2013
SEVEN MONTHS AGO: probably too late for her.
Thanks Tom, I did not take note of time it was posted (i just happened to come across it. Note however, it is not too late to file a claim in small claims court if it was not resolved to her satisfaction; Statute of limitations would not have run out in 7 months.
Flag Thu Jan 3, 2013
Rob, Home Buyer, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Thu Jan 3, 2013
From what facts you disclosed, I think you have a good claim against the termite inspection company for negligence, at least. You will have the burden of proof. You can file this claim in small claims court without a lawyer but with a filing fee (normally recoverable if you prevail).

Before suing, see if the owner, broker and termite company will come up with the relatively small sum to make you "whole" ... common sense says they should cough it up.

Bob Lippelman, LIPPELMAN HORAN, Attorneys
Jeff Metcalf, Agent, Saint Augustine, FL
Wed Jun 20, 2012
I would contact the pest control company first. They may be willing to work with you and acknowledge fault. Then get their promise to repair in writing. If they won't do this, then it may be time to contact an attorney. Good luck. I'm sorry you have to go through this~

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.
(904)495-0115
http://www.Realty2Reality.com
Christy, Home Buyer, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Wed Jun 20, 2012
I will contact pest control company next but would like to know FL law on their responsibility
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Jun 19, 2012
It would seem that your BEEF would be with the Pest Control Company:
Have you talked to them?