I'm looking for a retirement home. I love the look of the houses in El Paso. Why are they so close together and can I get something less than?

Asked by Dc7871093, Kerrville, TX Wed Apr 3, 2013

$50k ?

Answers

3
Dc7871093, Home Buyer, Kerrville, TX
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Unless I want to go "underwater" I cannot go above what I'm comfortable paying - so a fixer upper is probably what I will buy. Also, its been my observation that when you pack people in subdivisions "on top of each other" you have breeding grounds for crime. I was hoping that builders would have figured that out by now. Guess I'll just wait...thanks for your comments
Jorge Reyes, Agent, El Paso, TX
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Great question. There are a diverse amount of subdivisions in El Paso. Some homes are closer than others. For the most part, a $50,000 home will probably fall under "Fixer Upper".

Jorge Reyes
915-491-5522
Jorge@TheRealEstatePowerHouses.com
Rick Snow, Agent, El Paso, TX
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Builders want to maximize their profit so they put the homes closer together so they can get more homes in a subdivision. It saves on infrastructure costs like water and sewer lines too. For more space you have to get a little more rural like the upper or lower valley. For $50k you would be looking at a serious fixer upper or a mobile home.
Web Reference:  http://Elpasohomesradio.com