Home Ownership in Orlando>Question Details

J.y., Home Owner in Outside U.S.

I am from Europe and is the sole owner of some condos in Orlando. I would like to add my children as co-owners. How do I get to do this? Please advise

Asked by J.y., Outside U.S. Sat Jun 29, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Any title company can help you with this including the one(s) you closed on these condos with. Adding additional owners to a deed is usually a pretty simple process here in Florida! Best wishes!:).
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 29, 2013
Thanks, I thought about that too so the simplest is to contact the title companies who did the closing. I will contact them as soon as possible. Once again, thousand thanks.
Flag Sun Jun 30, 2013
Hello Europe:

If you were called the Title company they will probably will suggest this type of Deed that is commonly used when you have not minor children:

JOINT TENANCY WITH THE RIGHT OF SURVIVORSHIP: This is similar to tenancy by the entireties except that the parties are generally not married. Under this tenancy, upon the recording of a death certificate in the public records, the remaining joint tenants are co-owners of the property.

Most likely you can do that by mail or e-mail in your own Country and sending back all "Notarized Sealed" to the Title Company for being recorded in the Florida Court. Some Countries do not have acceptable U.S approved Notaries everywhere, some other Countries you have to go to the U.S Embassy or Consulate in order to Notarized those legal instruments. In that case, the Title company will let you know what to do.

If your children are minors the title company will refer you to a Lawyer to do an WILL, TRUST or ANY other thing that only Lawyers can do in U.S. and not Title Companies. There are laws that apply only to Florida if the sole owner were deceased without a WILL, and that again, by law, only Lawyers can discuss with you because what for the typical citizen is that it goes to his survivors, mainly wife and then children through a long probate (long period of time) for a Non US Citizen may be different or someone with Creditors or pending liens. All these legal need to be searched, discuss and planned by a Lawyer. I am not a Lawyer, and you should seek legal advice with a professional in that field. I am only can help you with any of your Real Estate needs in the Orlando Real Estate Metro Area.

Keep in mind you also have laws in your Country but the Real Estate is also in Orlando, Florida before you consult with a Florida Lawyer so you can prepare your questions before you call since some lawyers charge a lot per hour.
Web Reference: http://www.MouseMansion.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 29, 2013
Thanks for the advice, it sure is good.
Flag Sat Jun 29, 2013
Hello J.Y,

At Watson Realty Corp, we have our own title services that can assist you in this request.
Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to put you in contact someone in our title department.

1950 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial
Kissimmee, FL 34744
E-mail: hmweaver@watsonrealtycorp.com
Cell: 407 202 6944
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 29, 2013
Good Morning

If you contact Lynne Ferrera at Principal Title Services - trust me... you will receive an excellent service.

I do know that Lynne is out on vacation next week, so try her equally excellent colleague, Carole Ricci:

Carole Ricci,
Principal Title Services, LLC
1833 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, Fl. 32804
1-888-514-2187 Fax

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 29, 2013
Would suggest you contact Lynne Ferrera at Principal Title Services LLC. You can e-mail her at lynne@principaltitleservices.com.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 29, 2013
Contact a title company and they can take care of you. I use:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 29, 2013
Thanks indeed, I will contact them as soon as possible. Thousand thanks from the bottom of my heart.
Flag Sat Jun 29, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer