Homeowner Insurance

Asked by jkinney946, Feasterville-Trevose, PA Fri Jun 1, 2012

Claim questions?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rick’s answer
Rick, Home Owner, Bucks County, PA
Sat Jun 2, 2012
Hello John & Sheri, yes you are correct. You only get what you pay for and now a days insurance companies are raising premiums and deleting more and more coverages from home insurance policy's.

No matter if you are a first time home buyer or have owned your home for thirty years, when you home sustains damage from a sudden and accidental occurrence then you really need to understand how to protect your assets when filing a homeowner insurance claim. There are basically 5 policy types for the home. It is my professional opinion that you try to get the Special Form 3, or HO 3 policy. This is an open peril policy for property damage to the dwelling and named peril for personal property. In addition, you would want to look into (code upgrade) endorsement and a sump pump overflow endorsement if you have a finished basement.

There is a web site called http://(WWW.PROPERTYCLAIMTIPS.COM) that is a great resource for property owners to get all the information needed when trying to understand the claim process. After all, insurance companies are not just going to give you money and then say if you need more let us know.

AVOID PUBLIC ADJUSTER FEES and negotiate your own home insurance settlement with the help of this company. It is a fantastic web site.
0 votes
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Good evening JK946,

With this weather thats has been bombarding the home owner's new and old... Im sure that there is an easy solution to resolving a Claim question... do you have a suggestion?

I hear through Insurance Reps that it does not pay to get a cheap policy?

All the Best John + Sheri RE/MAX Properties 215-757-2889
0 votes
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Call your homeowners insurance agent. Every policy is different. We are not attorneys and cannot review your policy and give legal advice.
0 votes
Brian Hicks, , Doylestown, PA
Fri Jun 1, 2012
property address? insurance claim question?
0 votes
, ,
Fri Jun 1, 2012
What is the question? Call me at 2679927276

0 votes
Rebecca Uter…, Agent, Lansdale, PA
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Can you explain a little more? Do you have questions about a possible claim you have to make or...?

Rebecca Utermohlen
Coldwell Banker Realty Corp
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more