Home Ownership in Dublin>Question Details

Trendsetter, Home Buyer in Dublin, CA

Considering to buy a home near East Dublin BART station. It is walking distance from the station. Is it safe?

Asked by Trendsetter, Dublin, CA Mon Dec 30, 2013

Yes, it is safe in that area.
Big corporations are all around that area, including Oracle.

Where homes/subdivision are you looking to purchase, and this way I can send you some demographic reports in that specific area.

Glad to help in every way I can!

Joyce Chiu
Rea Estate Specialist
I live close to this area in Dublin and it is perfectly safe.
Dublin is Safe man. Forget the jibber jabber from all the agents here.
You can contact the city of Dublin to get more information about the city crime rate, which is very low. Generally, Dublin is a very desirable area and people looking for easy commute to work and around prefer Dublin over other other tri-valley cities because of the convenience of a Bart station in Dublin. Good luck with your search.
What is your definition of "safety"? There are people walking around every BART station in the Bay Area. The reason no one specifically answered your question is simple ... we can't.

Questions like this are tough for Realtors – while we’d love to be able to give you our opinion, we can’t. Overall, Realtors are prohibited by law from telling you whether or not any specific neighborhood is safe. It’s called “steering” and we are prohibited by our code of ethics and federal law from providing such information. Here are a couple posts that explain more:

NO STEERING ALLOWED: 3 Important Facts To Know As A Buyer

Don’t Get ‘Steered’ in the Wrong Direction

However, we CAN tell you where to go to get information. In your case, for crime statistics, go to the following sites:

You need to contact the local police department for crime report. A safe neighborhood for one person can mean absolutely no criminal activity for the past 2 years while for others can be under 1% in the past 1 year. You'll have to find your own comfort zone here.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Hi Trendsetter,

The standard of identifying a "safe" area is in the eye of the researcher!

Here's a good tool you can use to your comfort level for any one area: http://www.crimereports.com

Once you enter a property address go to the "Advanced Search" tab to select what type of information is important to you. Next, choose the duration of time you want to look at under "Date Range" (now limited to a 6-month view).

You can also try these alternate crime reporting sites: http://tinyurl.com/a34pmyc

Thanks but my question was related to safety. I have already identified a home that I want to get but since it is very close to BART station, was wondering if there is any safety risk. There will be people walking around and was wondering if crime could be an issue near East Dublin BART station
Flag Tue Dec 31, 2013