what is the average cost per square foot to rebuild a home in the greater Houston area?

Asked by Mmt349, Houston, TX Sat May 26, 2012

Answers

9
Nasyim Segal’s answer
Nasyim Segal, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Mar 27, 2013
My experience in construction has lent me to believe that a good rule of thumb is $80/sqft. in most suburban neighborhoods. Once you get into the inner city Houston, and nearby neighborhoods that number can quickly jump up to $175/sqft. Land cost and comparable area properties will certainly assist you in determining your final budget.

Nasyim Segal, Broker Associate
Boulevard Realty http://www.SegalRE.com
Chris Schill…, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue May 29, 2012
It depends on several things....mostly size and finishings. I've seen homes built (excluding the lot) for $80/ft and I'm working with a friend of mine that is building in Memorial for $250/ft. The average for a very nice home runs between $100 and $120/ft. The location and cost of the lot are a huge variable. Lots range from $16,500 in the suburban market to over $1,000,000 in Memorial and closer in.

Best of luck to you!

Chris Schilling
Broker
Turbo Realty
Jeb Brewster, , Colorado Springs, CO
Tue May 29, 2012
$100/SF if you use a builder/general contractor to manage the construction.
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun May 27, 2012
It can very greatly depending on quality of home your looking for. Many other agents have said $100 a sqft, but the neighborhood your in could have a big influence on the cost as well.

Some less upscale communities might allow the home to be build for far less than $100 a sqft. Neighborbhoods that typically have nicer features in their homes such as higher ceilings, upscale floorings like hardwoods and upgraded kitchens can push that dollar amount to $100 or higher.

Speak with some remodeling companies and your insurance agent to see what they say and this should give you a ballpark figure. Good luck with the rebuild!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
Anthony Tayl…, Agent, HOUSTON, TX
Sun May 27, 2012
Less than 100 dollars should be fair.Call the builder that you will use just to make sure.Custom builders charge more.Do your home-work before you start building.
Anthony Tayl…, Agent, HOUSTON, TX
Sun May 27, 2012
Less than a dollar should be fair.
Anthony Tayl…, Agent, HOUSTON, TX
Sun May 27, 2012
Less than a dollar should fair.
Becky Griffin, Agent, Housto, TX
Sat May 26, 2012
Average is about $100/sqft. But if you want any custom work it will go up from there.
Larry Stovall, Agent, Cypress, TX
Sat May 26, 2012
My insurance agent told me last year that it is $100/sf.