what documents do insurance companiestypically need to see to start a homeowners policy?

Asked by Darqangel, 06385 Mon Jul 25, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jill Commins ’s answer
Jill Commins , Agent, Niantic, CT
Fri Jan 6, 2012
I have found that insurance agents are very happy to receive an MLS sheet that the Realtors use. It shows the year built, room sizes, square footage and other descriptive detail. If you don't have one for your home you could send me your adress and I will look up your home on the CTMLS and email you back what you need. We have access to these forms as Realtors subscribing to the CTMLS as part of our annual dues. Any licensed Realtor can provide you with this.
0 votes
Bud and Sue…, Agent, Niantic, CT
Tue Jul 26, 2011
Hi Darqangel,

If you are looking for a good insurance agent in the Waterford area I have used John Spinnato at Swansen & Dragoli Ins. many times for my clients and the rates have been very good.

Please let me know if you have any other real estate related questions and I would be glad to help you.

Bud Bowes
RE/MAX Home Team
0 votes
Candace Lipi…, Agent, Norwalk, CT
Mon Jul 25, 2011
Here is a link to the NAIC consumer's guide to home insurance. Find yourself a good agent and ask what they need. Some companies and depending on what type of coverage for content may require different info.


Good Luck,

Candace Lipira
Web Reference:  http://candylipirahomes.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more