what are home owner insurance rates in pensacola?

Asked by Drogers, Spokane, WA Mon Apr 27, 2009

Answers

7
Jackson Will…, Home Buyer, Provo, UT
Mon Apr 20, 2015
It's not too difficult to figure out what kind of rates you'll be looking at. I would suggest talking to an insurance agency. They'll give you a quote. You can talk to a handful of agencies and get quotes from all of them as well. You want to make sure you get a good price. You should also make sure that you get the best service available too though.
http://www.holtzmaninsurance.net/Services
Ina Lynch, Home Buyer, Milton, FL
Wed Apr 15, 2015
Try Great Florida Insurance -they gave me a great policy for a low price
tpoynton, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Tue Nov 26, 2013
I would take a look at Alliance and Associates, http://www.alliance321.com They have over 25 to 30 home insurance carriers and over 15 auto insurance carriers to quote you from in FL, They are friendly and great to work with. They also have offices all over Florida for your convenience. Call them today at 1-877-498-7227
Lew Nonnenmo…, , Pensacola, FL
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Drogers, I just read your question and the great follow-ups from the other three Realtors. The only think I would add is, about three years ago the State of Florida initiated a program called My Safe Florida Home http://(www.MySafeFloridaHome.com). In it's inception, it was a two pronged approach: 1. The State would match dollar for dollar up to a maximum of $5000 to improve the wind protection for your home. You could do this through new windows, new garage door, hurricane shutters, ect. Since then, that portion of the program lost funding and hasn't been available in a couple of years. That said, I did recently read an article indicating a similar program is available again.

The second portion of this program included funding for a wind mitigation inspection on your home or one you were purchasing. Since then the funding for that program has gone by the way-side, but the benefits are still available. As someone else mentioned in this post, insurance companies will traditionally look at the age of the home, location, ect. For a $50-$100 fee you can have a qualified contractor/inspector visit the home and fill out a 6-7 question form. This form asks such questions as: external building material, type of window protection, how many nails and what size are in the roof, hurricane straps in the trusses, ect. You then provide that form to your insurance company or to those you're obtaining quotes from and I have never seen yet, where the homeowner has not received a discount ofte times, 15-30%. My personal home went immediately from $2100 to $1400/year.

I've written this very quickly. If you have additional questions please email/call me:
Lew Nonnenmocher, RE/MAX on the Coast Cell: 850-291-1477 Email: Lew@MyPensacolaHomes.com
Nicole St. A…, Agent, Pensacola, FL
Thu Jun 4, 2009
My Homeowners Insurance for a Brick 3/2 in North Pensacola with over 1800 sq. ft. was about $1800 yearly for an owners policy, including a policy for hurricane damages and covering my personal content! That is with USAA who is a bit more epxensive but has good (in my opinion) coverage! I just rented the house out and changed to a renters policy, which covers the house but excludes personal property, and was able to secure a good quote with Bankers Insurance for only $600 yearly!

My suggestion... You can request a free quote on a property by emailing my good friend Matt Salvator at MSalvatorins@bellsouth.net or (850) 932-3459 or Chris with Florida Insurance Company at robinc22@floridainsuranceagency.net as those are two people I usually get quotes from!

I hope this information is helpful! Have a great day!
Nicole St. Aubin, Realtor nicoles@pensacolarealtymasters.com
Realty Masters of FL (850) 473 3983
Bob Hanley, Agent, Pensacola, FL
Wed May 20, 2009
They are all over the board, but are much more affordable now then they were a few years ago. I'd call at least 3 Insurance companies and check out their rates.
Preston Murp…, Agent, Pensacola, FL
Mon Apr 27, 2009
Hi Drogers,

As in most areas, homeowners' insurance rates vary widely depending on the size, location, age, and construction of a particular property. Therefore, it would be unwise for anyone to give you an estimate of homeowners insurance rates without knowing the the type of property you're interested in, or where it is located in Pensacola. For example, properties located in close proximity to waterfront should have much higher homeowners' insurance rates than properties located in more norther parts of Pensacola or Escambia County.

If you have a particular property or area of town you're interested in, please email or call me and I can have a reputable, local insurance representative provide you with quotes.

Preston Murphy
Weeks Realty, Inc.
Cell (850) 380-0571
Email: prestonmurphy@weeksrealty.net