Question removed

Asked by Patty Allen, Clemson, SC Thu May 24, 2012

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

6
Patty Allen, , Clemson, SC
Mon May 28, 2012
Part 3
and suspended out out state drivers license. He was jailed! At traffic court he was in jail bird clothes. The judge sent him to jail for 30 days and not knowing what was to come next. Mom needed to protect herself and her interests. There was lost wages from 2 jobs and medical expenses. All she received was $10,000 which she could only get from her insurance company. That jailbird was a loser. What could he give her to come near her expenses that she had to use her health insurance to pay towards and medical expenses for months going into collections! That money should have been provided to her to pay her health insurance company. They send letters and ask people all the time, "Is this from an accident that another should have paid for?" I'm sure y'all here have gotten or seen them over the many years to make another pay for the damages. I fell down the hillside here one evening messing up my rotator cuff and not able to move my shoulder or lay on it for a whole year! I did NOT sue. My health care agency sent out that generated letter to see if someone else is responsible for it instead of them. Am I litigious when I suffered so much and was in physical therapy and under a specialist for my rotator cuff? I did NOT sue. I couldn't clean, work, sleep, cook, etc. Am I a high risk and should I be profiled as a person who cries out "I'll sue you?" I KNOW I am NOT! Now judge me again from your expertise. Say I am crying out "victim" by NOT suing or my mom? I resent being considered a person or my mom as digging into bigger pockets! You do NOT know us. It was said here I was only giving a small part of the story. Well you have it all now. Is your answer still the same about us? Are we litigation prone? Do any of you still think you all deserve BEST ANSWER? I hope that none of you are insurance agents or adjusters as you just placed guilt and y'alls perceptions on 2 innocent women that proves to me you will NEVER appreciate having such good clients as us! How very sad that you will judge people that way and never have the joy of serving good honest people. Annette, you said I had no other insurance company to compare it to and will face higher rates. I have nor my family have ever had HIGH rates. Do you want to change your answer, too? Y'all need to give me a reason or reasons to hose you as "BEST ANSWER." Now prove it that YOU, our accusers, deserve to make yours "BEST ANSWER." I'm giving y'all a 2nd chance to prove yourselves unlike your prejudgments of us.
Patty Allen, , Clemson, SC
Mon May 28, 2012
Part 2:
There is no reason whatsoever to cancel my renter's insurance. I truly believe that someone up in North Carolina saw these pictures when my apartment looked a wreck from the water and damage and taking us 3-4 months to straighten it out. We had maintenance who have never said nor management nor their "maid" say my apartment is inaccessible or it needs cleaned up. We had to quickly move things to higher ground off the floor with flood water filling up my place and maintenance rushing upstairs after coming in here realizing we had a very serious problem. When the adjuster finally came, he didn't know us or our agency coming from NC. We showed him everything and apologized for how it looked and the mildew/mold from them. He leaned on my apartment management heavily and was harassing my assistant manager with calls from my agent. He never once returned to see all the work performed by maintenance or knew that a door leading into my furnace and hot water heater buckled and injured my maintenance man who had to have stitches and be on workman's compensation a week and then back to light duty. We also had a holiday in that time frame. We had been provided for free from my apartment complex the person that needed to close off rooms and seal them shut as mold and mildew was speckled green and black on walls and ceilings. They immediately sent a person to dry up wall to wall carpeting and to use machines to pull up the water from it and the clothes closets. This was NO CHARGE to the insurance company but a freebie. The water had been coming in through my ceiling light in the laundry room...very dangerous and a fire hazard. Having serious asthmatics in our apartment home we never asked for any motel stays. The smell just leeched through under the doors and all though my home. We were coughing as well as guests who couldn;t stand it here. My Siamese cats weren't even safe. My family and I put up with a lot and shut up the same not wanting to take any more than we should and short changed ourselves. WE never bothered or asked about our check for damages and told the adjuster it was up to his discretion what he wanted to give for our damages to clothing mostly suits, dress clothes, shoes, purses, casual clothes, antiques worth $1400, dressy jeans, expensive men and womens t-shirts, a camera, and suitcases to name a few. Y'all know these things add up and are not "hoarding items" when you wear them everyday, special occasions, and vacation, I am blessed to have ":drive-in-closets" in just about every room we have for all our clothing and needs. To receive such a letter as was sent to us had to be someone who saw the pictures BUT NEVER laid foot in our apartment again to see how things looked or was to our satisfaction. How does one make such a judgement call when they never came back? And to be truthful to me does $3000 worth of money seem a lot when it comes to your family's clothes, any accessories, camera, suitcases, men's suits (some cost $200-400 each). I had price tags for them. I had 12 pairs of cowboy boots of mine that cost $150-300 each well kept. I had 15 - 20 cowboy shirts that are special and $30 a piece. I had 12 special umbrellas with ducks heads $15 each bought from a child to a mom over the year as gifts. Other stuff I just threw away and marked it up as a total loss. I told the adjuster I was not going to count anything that I tossed and couldn't prove I owned it or was worth it. I paid for the best policy they had 10 years ago as that's what was sold to me. I faithfully paid premiums for 10 years. Add it up! My washer and dryer fairly new I never included for fear I was costing them too much. The dryer has not dried clothes properly since then taking 2 - 2 1/2 hours to dry a half dryers load, and I add a dry towel to try to dry them quicker. Think about my electric bills! Again, am I or my mom litigious?
Now to her car accident 2 1/2 years ago with none other on her record. I would be glad to provide 10 years and if they provided more I'd include a copy for all you to see if they had 20 or 30 years worth. We are squeakly clean all the way around. Give us any drug or urine tests or FBI checks (use to work out of Washington, DC, having mine and background checked back to childhood with a special security clearance). It was late at night on a major hi way when a car coming off an upper ramp ran and drove her off the road into a guard rail. I had no idea where she was or if alive or dead. This jerk had his record. He then swerved as he was so drunk running into the wall which flipped his car. He climbs out and approaches her to say where is the person? She can't understand what he is talking about. He said a person ran across the highway. She said she was on that highway and nothing was there. A few moments later, his car being in the middle of the road, wasn't seen by this family who ran onto it! Police came and wrote him up for a few things: DUI and history of DUIS., failed the sobriety test,
Patty Allen, , Clemson, SC
Mon May 28, 2012
I would like ALL of you gentlemen here and lady to read the comments I have left for you. Please read each others. Think what you are reading, and don't assume you already know the facts. This just shows I'd never nor my mom make good attorneys or novelists. Probably in my anger and hurt I must have come off as a real winner. Such a letter put me in such a shock knowing we are innocent. In that case, as a 48 year old and a 68 year old mother and daughter, we deserve to be disrespected here for our causing y'all to assume the wrong scenerio. This involved 2 incidents and 1 renters insurance claim over 25 years with 2 insurance companies revolving over 25 years as safe drivers with all the discounts and good awards. Think, too, if what you said was something that you would want to hear from others about your older daughters or moms or females in your lives who are GOOD people to a fault, trusting, loyal, would be the last ones who would ever believe a rumor or a lie about someone they know while others tried to convince us that we are wrong to stand by that person. Imagine your females that way. WE are givers more than takers preferring to give anonymously. What's a best birthday to us....come on over and PLEASE BRING NO GIFTS. This birthday is for YOU as we treasure your friendship and love. We HONOR YOU with gifts (and try our darnest to find out your likes and dislikes and favorite colors and things).

Picture 2 insurance company's having your loyalty 15 years for the 1st and 10 years for the 2nd. I ,being the daughter, many years ago have an accident and not suing. You live with hip pain and go to doctors and chiropractors realizing the day is coming when you will have to have hip replacement surgery caused by doing nothing about what is agreed upon as accident company #1. You stay with them and are loyal never questioning your insurance company as they claim they are there for you. Before you know it, you are dropped as the policy holder and everyone else is dropped, too. Is that fair to your family to be dropped? Not in our world we reside in but maybe in business people come last and profits come 1st. We are expendable. We have never drank, smoked a very short time to try it out and quit almost immediately, never held drugs in our hands or ever taken any from anyone. They really don't interest us. But we are guilty people for doing the right thing and trying to live right and take care of those we know and strangers. We give money to very good causes figuring we can give up something we like to eat for a month to give to feed others.

You feel very betrayed by giving your loyalty to company #1 but have no choice as they don't want to talk to you. They'd rather believe that whomever wrote the same exact copy on the very same day and time with all the same details as TWO DIFFERENT wrecks! Company #2 looks over all your information and great FICO score and driver's records and says to you, "Something is wrong here. Did you have 2 wrecks at the same place and time?" You ask your soon to be new female agent what is she talking about. She explains company #1 sent to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles a couple of years ago that you had this happen, and I can't see how this could possibly be! Your rates have been low and have many discounts." She types up a formal letter for me and her as owner of the auto insurance agency to take there immediately to get it stricken from my record. She can't understand why they did this and waited and to just drop me and everyone else on my policy. I become the owner of several cars loving my Ford Crown Victories from 1982-1987. My purchases brings them business as well as my telling many people I know what company #1 did to me and company #2, I highly recommend to go see my agent. I give them my rental insurance. Matter of fact, I own a home in another state I was recently thinking of staying with this same company as I have renters. I had been thinking that since a family member was staying down in Charleston for school, a much older adult, I'd provide him with renter's insurance to help him out; he was once many years with military. Then this letter comes before I give them more business even though they won't benefit from it personally, but the company would. I'm a happy camper. I receive a letter from my insurance company #2 that comes from North Carolina and not here in SC nor any word from my agent that says they're going to cancel my renter's insurance that's been paid up when September comes. I'm in shock, disbelief, and have no clue as to why. I don't know those people.

I have my personal agent. It says it can be re-instated if I just make my place accessible. I'm totally at loss as every single room and bathrooms and hallways and big laundry room we can walk around and lay down on our furniture and floors and even eat a meal off them and have no
problems. If I did, people would tell me!!! I've many friends and many more on social networks.
Donald Steve…, Agent, Fontana, CA
Fri May 25, 2012
Insurance companies, agencies, and agents are regulated by the Department of Insurance. Many people feel that because they are small and the insurance company is big with even bigger pockets that they can only be a victim. I am not assuming that the agent or the company has done anything wrong since obviously we are only hearing a small part of the story based on your experience. The best thing to do when you are not sure whether a company is treating you fairly is to contact the Department of Insurance and ask questions. The department was established to regulate the insurance industry while protecting consumers from unscrupulous companies looking to take advantage of the public. 99.999% of the companies and agents really are trying hard to take care of the public but its not 100% Give the department a call and they will definitely give you support in discovering if you have been treated wrongly.

Here is your states Department of Insurance contact info:

http://doi.sc.gov/Pages/ContactUs.aspx#phone
No one here is LITIGIOUS! Would you like someone saying that to your mom & daughter our ages? Read my other comments. You assume so much. My wreck: company #1, I didn't sue, they copied it 2 times, 15 yrs, with them; company #2: found #1's mistake, time with them 10 yrs., ALL discounts given for drivers/& no claims except above. Mom's wreck was a jerk repeat DUI, drivers license suspended, plates expired, caused 2nd wreck. I'd be happy to give you all our 10 year driver's record. ASK ME!!! I wish there was a 20 or 30 yr. one! Do you still stand by your answer?!
Flag Mon May 28, 2012
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri May 25, 2012
This needs to be filed in the lessons learned category.

Lesson 1. Bundling puts the consumers in great peril.
Do not have all your insurance or all you money in one institution.
Do not have all your debt at one institution either. Bundling gives the provider LEVERAGE that wears a costume that appears as savings to the consumer.

Lesson 2. Once one has proven themselves to be litigation prone, it hard to want to do business with them.

Insurance companies of all types make their money through the denial of service. It's simply business. Try not to take it personally. Unfortunately, since all you business was with one company, you have no current history with an alternate provider. Your recent claim is likely to influence the initial rates you will be offered by another provider.
Read my detailed description of what totally happened to be more explicative and to see if you should receive BEST ANSWER.
Flag Wed May 30, 2012
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Fri May 25, 2012
I do not believe there is any requirement for an insurance company to stick with anyone. It is well known that too many claims makes them drop you or raise your rates so high you want to leave.
There was NEVER too many claims at 1 insurance company! We had 2 total being very loyal ages 49 & 68 mom & daughter. What do you do when you've 2 claims....mine: other renters water coming down with ceilings upon us trying to save what we can. We lost antiques worth $1400 we'll never get back. Rooms were shut off from mildew/mold from so much water; chemicals leeched through those doors placing us asthmatics at risk. We never asked for a hotel room concerned about saving them money. The other insurance company was many many years ago with my accident . I did NOT sue. It was incorrectly copied 2 times with that insurance company dropping me & family on it after 15 years. It was this 2nd company, with them 10 years now that found that company's mistake which I vowed to NEVER leave them being so thankful. The flood, I assume you've seen how bad they can be, never brought the adjuster back to see how clean things were from maintenance, chemical cleaner., & carpet cleaner done for FREE!
Flag Mon May 28, 2012