no excutor to home left by mother, how can we insure?

Asked by paula.harris42, Fort Worth, TX Wed Nov 13, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Lady Theresa…, Agent, Southlake, TX
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Speak to a lawyer or have a title county research and bond the title so any closing will go smooth .
0 votes
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Nov 13, 2013
You may need to hire an attorney to go through probate then. The lawyer can inform you how it works and how much time it may take.
0 votes
Jimmy Payne, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Wed Nov 13, 2013
You will need to contact the probate or magistrate court to appoint an executor for your mother's estate if there was no will. You will need to contact a local attorney that handles wills and estates to get what you need. If your mother had insurance on the home and it was paid, it should continue to cover the home. Find out who her insurance company was and find out the details. Sorry for your loss, hope this helps.
0 votes
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Wed Nov 13, 2013
You should still have to get something from the court as to who is responsible for settling the estate. A lawyer would know what they are called, but if the estate is not large enough to warrant the expense of an attorney, call your local county courthouse and ask for some guidance.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more