how do we cash an insurance check made out to our "condo association"? We live in a condex. neighbors and i share a master policy.

Asked by Bill, Weare, NH Sun Mar 27, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Scott Godzyk’s answer
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Mar 30, 2011
Bill my apologies that people dont take the time to read your question and then answer with an answer that does not even apply to your question or situation.

Where it is a condex, there is no condo association, it is 2 owners who share the duties, you will need the to meet with the other owner and have him sign off on your check. He may have to sign such as Bill Smith for 123 main Street condex association, (whatever name your master policy is in) should be what he is signing as and for) As long as the damage is to your unit and not to the common or shared area such as siding, roof, foundation etec there should not be a problem. The other unit owner if he is guided by a lawyer may ask you to sign a form that you will complete the work and not just cash the check and take the money.

Good luck working things out.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Kurt Krohn, Agent, Derry, NH
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Bill, Both Tracy and Anna are right the condo association is the entity that will deposit it and reimburse you if you already paid for repairs out of pocket "if that is the case". There should be someone that is appointed the trustee that you pay your part of the master insurance to you can contact that can help you further. Hope that helped. Kurt
Web Reference:
0 votes
Tracey Langd…, Agent, Stratham, NH
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Best bet would be to contact the condo association
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Check with your condo association....
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more