Who is responsible for carrying home insurance if I sell my home, but reside in the home for a short time?

Asked by Rachel Timmons, McLeansboro, IL Wed Sep 12, 2012

Moving across country and closing on new home purchase later than closing on home sale, per selling contract, have 30 days to vacate.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Laura Karamb…, Agent, Downers Grove, IL
Sat Sep 15, 2012
The new owner would be responsble for the insurance once the property changes hands. Lenders require insurance. As Donald stated below you may want renter's insurance to cover your personal belongings.
Web Reference:  http://LauraKarambelas.com
0 votes
Donald Steve…, Agent, Fontana, CA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
If you reside in a home you do not own you should consider renters insurance for yourself and your property then the new owner should have a landlord policy while you live there.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more