What is an average cost of flood insurance in forked river water front area?

Asked by Michaelpielech, New Jersey Wed Nov 27, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Monice Loff’s answer
Monice Loff, Agent, Bayville, NY
Fri Jan 3, 2014
I recommend calling an insurance professional as there are many factors to consider. Size of home, elevation and proximity to water are just a few. I also recommend calling someone local and familiar with the area. Hauswirth & sons on Route 9 in Forked River is fabulous. I highly recommend calling them @ 609.693.3123.
0 votes
Michaelpiele…, Home Buyer, New Jersey
Wed Nov 27, 2013
please let me know the name of that company I'm not sure that is the website that you provided but my mortgage definitely depends on the rate of the flood insurance
0 votes
Donald Steve…, Agent, Fontana, CA
Wed Nov 27, 2013
The NFIP (Federal Flood Program) insurance policy has changed dramatically. The new rating system requires the homeowner to have an elevation certificate. They are done by "a Licensed Land Surveyor, Registered Professional Engineer, or Registered Architect who is authorized by State or local law to certify elevation information." If you do not have a certificate you pay the standard rate without any discounts for elevation. You can call FEMA and they will refer you to a local agent to provide you with a quote. Many people who can't afford to get a certificate done and/or don't have the time to get one done are going to alternate markets. We actually had a client with an elevation certificate and they were below the flood zone base elevation so the NFIP rate was $3300 a year. We found an insurance company willing to write the flood insurance for $1500 a year. Shop around and get educated because the coverage and the premium you pay are important. Especially if you are in a flood zone.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Insurance in Forked River Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more