What does the HOA cover for a townhouse in Tampa, FL?

Asked by Eliane Levaque De Pues, Tampa, FL Fri May 25, 2012

Answers

11
Donald Stevens’ answer
Donald Steve…, Agent, Fontana, CA
Sun May 27, 2012
The HOA usually has a master insurance policy that covers the building to include your roof. Your responsibility is determined by what the master policy doesn't cover, usually the drywall and everything inside of that you have to insure. A typical condo policy has 30k building coverage which would cover interior walls, cabinets, flooring, sinks,etc. Don't forget your insurance also should cover a loss assessment or a building deductible should your home suffer a loss on the outside of the building. We write condo policies all the time.
My town home building in San Diego has a defect and caused structural damage. The HOA is repairing it. I am renting it to a woman and her son. She gave 30 days notice because the construction is intrusive, also requesting I reduce rent by 50% for April and May as well as pay for her move. I can't afford to do that for her.
I will then lose $2300 per month in rent when she leaves and I cant rent it to someone else because it is under construction.
Is my HOA liable for my loss of rent and loss of use?
Flag Fri Apr 26, 2013
Lynn Brock, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sat May 26, 2012
Eliane Levaque De Pues, Yes it is true, each HOA / Condo association has their own set of rules and regulations. This includes what amenities are included in the maintenance fees.

You can look at a building and it might look like a condo but functions like a single family. Why? It depends how the developer registered the initial documents with the state of florida at the time of development. Also at that time, the initial rules and regulations and what's included with the monthly maintenance fee was determined.

If you have a particular project in mind, then providing a specific answer to your question would be easier.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com
941.313.1234
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Fri May 25, 2012
Every townhouse is different so you must review the governing documents to find out exactly what items are paid. Your Realtor can do the research for you.
Eliane Levaq…, Home Buyer, Tampa, FL
Fri May 25, 2012
what happen if the building burns?
Eliane Levaq…, Home Buyer, Tampa, FL
Fri May 25, 2012
So no need for additional insurance for the building itself? Except for the furniture, AC, what else?
George Leone, Agent, Lutz, FL
Fri May 25, 2012
Elaine The HOA fees cover the following:
Escrow Resrv, Ground Mtnce, Roof, Security, Trash Remv, Water/Sewer
Octavia Chev…, Agent, Safety Harbor, FL
Fri May 25, 2012
The Hoa covers water,insurance,outside maintenance,I will email you more info on the property of you have more questions please email me at octaviac@c21be.com
Christina K…, Agent, Daytona Beach, FL
Fri May 25, 2012
Your realtor should be able to answer these questions for you! But, according to the MLS listing
the items included are: Escrow Resrv, Ground Mtnce, Roof, Security, Trash Remv, Water/Sewer as well as all community amenities. Hope this helps!
Eliane Levaq…, Home Buyer, Tampa, FL
Fri May 25, 2012
The address is:
2855 Bayshore Trail Dr., Tampa(Davis Island)
Christina K…, Agent, Daytona Beach, FL
Fri May 25, 2012
What is covered is community specific. Please let me know which community you are inquiring about and I can attempt to find out for you.
Charles David…, Agent, lutz, FL
Fri May 25, 2012
I depends upon the community specific complex. Which one are you thinking about.