J.Harris315, Renter in Peoria County, IL

The house I'm looking at has a flat roof, is there any insurance or home warrant that you can purchase that would protect you from damage to the

Asked by J.Harris315, Peoria County, IL Mon Jan 21, 2013

There definitely is with insurance and homeowners insurance, but you can also get a warranty on your roof for a certain amount of time depending on the roofing company. I'd consider looking into getting a roof inspection for the flat roof before you get the place. Sometimes there's some hidden damage that you wouldn't know about. If you get your flat roof repaired that way, ask for any warranty that the roofing company can offer. That would give you many ways to protect your home when you have homeowners insurance, as well as a roofing warranty to back things up. Hope this helps, J.Harris!
Homeowners insurance will protect you from damage by covered losses such as fire, wind, rain, hail, etc. It will not cover normal wear and tear so as long as you maintain the roof in good repair you shouldnt have trouble finding insurance.
Jason Milam @ 691-8989! I'm sure he can help :)