Looking for affordable Home Owners Insurance

Asked by Daniel85, Chicago, IL Thu Oct 14, 2010

I have been shopping around for an affordable home owners insurance that is required for the mortgage on a property Im buying, I need 283k in Liability coverage and am fine with a higher deductible. I tried signing up on one of the online insurance sites to get quotes, but have been inundated with non-stop robo calls which arent any help.

Im looking to pay under $700 a year for the 283k in coverage, does anyone have any ideas?

Answers

7
Linda Dressler’s answer
Linda Dressl…, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Unfortunately, with the current housing economy the way that it is, insurance is one of the things that went up in price along with property taxes. I would search out reputable agencies rather than brokers or online search hook-ups that might charge a fee for their services. For example, try googling these companies in your area and sticking with one representative to talk to and ask for a quote: Allstate, State Farm, Farmers, American Family and Nationwide.

Jerry Grodes…, Agent, LOda, IL
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Dan,
I switched all my insurance to AAA, best rates and service on the planet.
They don't do rental or commercial insurance but primary and auto is terrific.
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Have you talked to the company or agent who insures your car or other real estate that you own? You can often get a better rate by bundling your coverage with one company.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Thu Oct 14, 2010
I agree with the others......use a local agency. If you don't know any, simply pick up the phone and call 5 and have a conversation. You will quickly determine whether you are interested in further discussions or wish to move on.

Attorneys, title reps and Realtors are all good sources of referrals for insurance agents.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Instead of trying to purchase insurance online, why not consider contacting a few local insurance companies and ask for quotes based on your needs--then choose the insurance product that best suits your needs and go from there.
Joe Guzzetta, Agent, Park Ridge, IL
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Call Coyne Insurance! They are a brokerage firm and I have been sending my clients to them for years!

One of my clients a week ago used him, their insurance was well under
$700 dollars.

Ask for Peter Donovan
847-692-9077
Brandon Schu…, Agent, Western Springs, IL
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Try calling Nick Zanoni from State Farm Insurance. 708-442-7755.

Tell him I gave you his number.