I am having trouble getting insurance on my REO properties. Can anyone help me?

Asked by Afunguy, Los Angeles, CA Fri Nov 20, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


CaRealEstatePro’s answer
CaRealEstate…, , Los Angeles County, CA
Mon Nov 23, 2009
You can also ask for a list of the reasons a home was denied for insurance from the insurance carrier that denied the coverage. A lot of times, you can spend a small amount of money to fix the items that are on the denial list, and then submit a rebuttal with proof (photos of the corrections) that the item has been fixed and the insurance carrier will re-consider the coverage.

Diana Breazile
Director of Operations
HouseTech, Inc.
Web Reference:  http://www.housetech.com
1 vote
Donald Steve…, Agent, Fontana, CA
Thu May 24, 2012
We have insurance for bank owned and REO properties. We also offer forced place insurance policies for banks. We specialize in property insurance.
0 votes
Jim Lloyd, , Plano, TX
Tue Nov 24, 2009
We can. We specialize in providing insurance for REO properties in all 50 States, including coastal areas.
James B. Lloyd, CIC
J. B. Lloyd & Associates, LLC
5228 Village Creek Drive, Suite 100
Plano, TX 75093-4431
972.248.2433, ext. 201
972.248.7066 fax
Web Reference:  http://www.lloyd-ins.com
0 votes
Deborah Brem…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Nov 20, 2009
Your best resource is a company called Sussman Insurance. (see below) Ask for Karl Sussman. Depending on what you are looking for, he will either service you or provide a referral to someone who will. Extremely well connected and very responsive. Good Luck.

Deborah Bremner
Certified Short Sale Professional
Coldwell Banker Brentwood West
11999 San Vicente Blvd. Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(D) 310.571.1364
(C) 310.422.4288
(F) 310.820.1457
Blogging at: http://TheBremnerGroup.com/blog

Susman Insurance Services
11611 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049-5106
(310) 820-5200
0 votes
Donald Steve…, Agent, Fontana, CA
Fri Nov 20, 2009
Where are the properties located? Are they in Cailifornia or multiple states?

The Home Insurance Specialists
0 votes
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Fri Nov 20, 2009
Afunguy you should not have trouble getting insurance. There are companies that write insurance for distressed properties every day. They will charge about 4-5 times what you would expect to pay for insurance because the property in no owener occupied and as a distressed property it is an atractive nusiance.
Web Reference:  http://www.Find1Home.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more