I am having trouble figuring out homeowners insurance.

Asked by Suburbndeathcamp, 01970 Thu Sep 24, 2009

I have bought a condo so is that condo insurance or homeowners insurance. How much should I insure and whats a good price?? I have a 807 sqft condo.. so confused!!

Answers

4
Donald Steve…, Agent, Fontana, CA
Fri Sep 25, 2009
The major difference between a condo and homeowners policy is who insures the building. If the association has a master policy covering your home, then you need insurance to cover the parts of your home they do not insure. Some examples may be drywall, flooring, cabinets, and any upgrades you made to the home. It really depends on what the master policy covers. Some cover your home and anything besides your personal belongings.

On a homeowners policy you cover the building.

Both policies offer coverage for liability, personal belongings, and loss of use. Check with your association to find out what coverage you need then call a couple of agents to get a fair comparison to make your decision. Good Luck

The Home Insurance Specialists
http://www.getgliga.com
CCC, Home Owner, San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 24, 2009
Your right and best answer is to call your car insurance agent, or any agent as get a quote.

I have a friend that pays about $200 per year for 65k for real estate property granite counter tops, tile, etc, etc, etc,) and 30k personal property (furniture, appliances, clothing, TVs, home theaters, etc).
Patrick Thies, Agent, Anytown, IL
Thu Sep 24, 2009
The insurance for the structure and common areas is usually included in your monthly assessments. The insurance that you will need is for your belongings inside your condo. It's similar to renters insurance.
Andrew Adams, , 01915
Thu Sep 24, 2009
The condo association will likely have a master policy, covering the bulk of the condo. However you will need a walls in policy know as an HO6 Policy. Your best bet is likely taking with the insurance company that has the master policy.