Home Owners Insurance

Asked by Bharat, Easton, PA Thu Jan 20, 2011

I bought a townhouse on Dec.15, 2010 and home owners insurance policy was taken. I thought I would move to my new home but due to unexpected commitment with my employer, I postpone the idea. As the dwelling is vacant, the insurance company asking a yearly premium of $2000.00 from $280.00 !! as the exposure is higher when dwelling is vacant. I need your comments and solutions, please...

Answers

4
Joseph Sanfr…, Home Buyer, Pipersville, PA
Wed Nov 2, 2011
Hey Lynn,

As an insurance agent there are a few companies out there that will insure vacant homes. They usually require you to pick a 3 month 6 month or yearly policy and do require full payment up front. And, yes because it is vacant it does pose a higher risk ...in turn higher premium. If you are still looking use the website below to contact me.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Jan 29, 2011
Consider contacting a few different local insurance companies, or as many as needed, they are the ones who can best help you in finding a solution to your dilemma.
Peter Ryan, Agent, Center Valley, PA
Sat Jan 29, 2011
In response to Lynns' 911s' answer, I appreciate her comment. However, I did not render an opinion on behalf of another profession. Indeed, I simply urged the consumer to contact other professionals in that business, in this case insurance. I do not know if another insurer could or would be able to help the consumer, as I am not qualified to render an opinion. As with questions concerning the legal aspects of anything Real Estate related, I have urged clients to contact an attorney. If the client did not feel that the particular attorney served him or her well, I would have no problem recommending that the consumer contact another attorney for a second opinion.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Jan 27, 2011
Against professional code of ethics for a Realtor render an opinion on behalf of another profession

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com