Home Insurance needed in Sacramento

Asked by Guy, Sacramento, CA Wed May 21, 2008

Hello, I was told by my agent that I need to get home owners insurance/policy ASAP for a home I plan to purchase. Does anyone have any recommendations on an agent in the Sacramento area?

Thank you!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sue Archer R…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Wed May 21, 2008
Vickie Rosalli at State Farm is very helpful. She can be reached at 966-7711. But also, I'd look at who you have your car insurance with and talk to them. When you 'bundle' your auto and home insurance, you get a break in the rates. If you're happy with your car insurance carrier, you might feel comfortable to continue with them for the home insurance as well. Of course, now might be a perfect time to shop your rates and make sure your policy is competitively priced for your needs all around.

When you select an insurance company, make sure and have the rider faxed by your insurance carrier directly to your title company escrow officer so she reflects it in your settlement statement. The escrow officer can also provide that information to your lender as it's normally part of their funding conditions and they would want to see the rider as well.

Hope this helps! And congratulations on your new home!

Sue Archer
Realtor, GRI, ABR, SRES
The Galster Group
(916) 847-9686
Web Reference:  http://www.suearcher.com
1 vote
Erin Stumpf…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Mon May 26, 2008
Hi Guy,

Yes you definitely need to get a homeowner's insurance policy in place...having it is usually a funding condition of your loan. I use AAA for my homeowner's insurance, and don't really have a specific insurance agent that I use, so I can't really give you a personal referral there.

Since you were an avid Voices poster for a while, I must ask - what neighborhood did you finally buy in!?
Web Reference:  http://www.erinattardi.com
0 votes
Gena Riede, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Wed May 21, 2008
Your agent is correct if you are obtaining a loan to buy the house or condo you need to have proof of insurance before the bank with fund the loan.

Typically, the firm that you currently have your car insurance through will more than likely give you a better deal when they have both policies.

If you still need a recommendation, State Farm is an excellent choice and Bruce Fretzache is my own personal insurance man who can be reached at 916.812.3119

If you need an further assistance, it would be my pleasure to help.

Gena Riede, Broker
Remax Gold, Sacramento
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more