Home Insurance in Peabody>Question Details

Buyingourfir…, Home Buyer in Peabody, MA

Help with buying house insurance in MA. My wife and I are buying our first house in a few weeks. We do not know much about the house insurance part?

Asked by Buyingourfirsthome2010, Peabody, MA Mon May 3, 2010

Can anyone help us out here? My wife and I are buying our first house in Peabody MA. We need to pick an insurance company for house insurance. The problem is we do not know what to ask and who we should go through and who we should stay away from.

1. Can anyone give us some advice on any part of this
2. Who should we stay away from
3. Who is the best to go with
4. What is a fair price to pay. Is the price regulated by the fed government or MA government?
5. What questions should we ask when calling?
6. Are there any good websites that show good stats on the different insurance companies?
7. Who are the big players in the house insurance world?
8. What should we make sure is covered
9. Are there deductibles

We do not want to pay a lot but then again we also want really good coverage. I know the more we pay the better coverage but maybe there is a way one can save some money?

We just do not want to make the wrong move, If anyone can help that would be great.

Gina Bello’s answer
We are an Licensed Insurance Agency in Ma. With over 25 Years of experience in Property & Casualty. We would be happy to help you through this process & assist you with any questions you have. First we would need to determine the amount of coverage needed for your home as well as finding a company that will best suit you. Then also help you find the most competitive rate.

We look forward to speaking with you. Please feel free to contact us by email or phone

Royal Insurance Agency
Erie Insurance is a great company. They don't spend money on advertising to save money for their policyholders. VERY GOOD dealings with them.
Not knowing anything about your property nor private possessions-- Keep in mind that estimates are free--for a clear picture-- contact/visit a few different local insurance companies and ask for estimates based on your wants and needs--compare the packages,deductibles, etc. and choose the one that suits you best--